Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Anniversary #6

This year we got to celebrate our anniversary at the beach! We went to a place called The Sandbar, had some drinks and walked along the beach until the sun went down. We talked about our next 6 years and how different things would be as we held hands and watched the sunset over the ocean. It was extra special because we spent our honeymoon on a beach just minutes from this one so we had fun thinking about us walking along the beach 6 years ago as newlyweds. A lot has changed including the kind of love we have for each other. Back then it was puppy love and while I'm still so in love with my husband it's a different kind of love.
6 years ago we were reminiscing about how awesome our wedding was.
Now we are talking about how awesome our son is.
6 years ago we had just finished re-doing the all pink bathroom of the house we were renting.
Now we own that house together.
6 years ago Drew was finishing up his Masters and I had just finished my first year of teaching.
Now Drew is teaching in the district we both went to and I am finishing my first year as Elementary Coordinator at our church.
6 years ago it was just the two of us.
Now it's the 3 of us.
Well actually it's the 5 of us including our cats.
I can't wait for the next 6 years with this guy by my side!

7 comments:

Kayla MKOY said...

What an amazing couple! You two are inspiring. I love that even when things have changed, your love for each other hasn't!! How cool you two were able to celebrate on the beach :)

Brittany said...

That looks like the perfect way to celebrate your anniversary! It melts my heart to think how much has changed for you (in a good way) in six years. I just know the next six years will bring so many more special memories!

Rach said...

Happy happy anniversary, sweet friend! So many changes in those 6 years, but such wonderful changes they've been! :)

Unknown said...

Awww Happy Anny beautiful!!!

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

Happy anniversary! How special that you were near the area that you honeymooned in on this anniversary.

Becky said...

Aww I love this little look back and where you guys are now!! Happy anniversary!! :)

The Lady Okie said...

Your dress is so pretty :) Happy anniversary!