What you will need:
- 6 oz whole wheat pearl couscous
- 3/4 lb thin asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1-1/2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook asparagus until tender (about 3 minutes). Remove asparagus with a slotted spoon and let drain in a collander. Add the couscous to the same pot of boiling water and cook according to package directions.
When asparagus has cooled chop into 1/2 inch pieces. Drain couscous and rinse under cold water and place in large bowl.
Add the chopped asparagus, tomatoes, red onion, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper to the bowl. Serve room temperature or chilled.
I got the original recipe from here.
*You have 2 days left to enter to win a necklace from the Noonday Collection. Click here to enter!