1. Borrow clothes from your friends who have recently had babies! My friend Andrea gave me a whole tub of maternity clothes and I mixed and matched the heck out of those clothes. A maxi dress can be turned into a skirt with ease like I did in the middle picture above.
2. Find an outlet store that carries maternity clothes, make a trip there and stock up. If you can't find an outlet store near you shop at Old Navy! They are always having a sale and their maternity clothes are comfortable and affordable.
3. Wear as many non-maternity clothes as possible and just buy a size up. The first picture above is a skirt I bought from Anthropology. I bought it a size up and tied a long tank top just under my bust.
4. Simple, cotton dresses are your friend. Stock up now and accent them with a cute belt or long statement necklace.
5. When I first found out I was pregnant I went ahead and bought some cute drawstring pants and shorts that were on sale. I wore them at 12 weeks and I can wear them now at 29 weeks. Win, win!
I would love to hear other tips if you have any of your own!