Friday, September 11, 2020

I Like Myself! {Book Summary + Activity}

The Book: I Like Myself! By Karen Beaumont. A book about a little girl who is determined to love herself no matter what. No matter what people say or if she has purple polka dotted lips, she knows who she is on the inside and loves herself. A perfect book for the beginning of the school year and for teaching self affirmations! ❤️ (See a preview in the COMMENTS!)
The Activity: Uniquely you (name/letter recognition and positive self talk)

  • Write your child’s name in big letters on a piece of paper
  • Set out some small items and glue for child to decorate the letters of their name! I used a bag of sequins I got on Amazon and some small stickers. They could also use paint, markers, dotters—>whatever you have on hand.
  • Make sure to go over each letter and sound in their name as they are working
  • I also had my boys share what they love about themselves and then we looked in the mirror and said nice things to ourselves as I know the importance of self affirmation especially at the beginning of something new (like the school year!)

If you want to see videos of this activity in action (and more activities like it) follow me on Instagram or Facebook! And if you like this activity, please pin it to Pinterest!

No comments: