See if you can spot which ingredient doesn't belong in this picture...
Cast of Characters:
2 Granny Smith Apple (peeled and sliced into 8 wedges/apple)
2 8 oz. cans crescent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can (12 oz.) Mountain Dew
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Peel apples and chop into 16 wedges
3. Add one apple wedge to each crescent roll and wrap up
4. Butter a 9x13 dish and set each crescent roll face down in dish
5. Melt butter in medium sauce pan then add sugar and vanilla and stir for a few minutes. The sugar does not need to fully dissolve in the butter. Grainy is good.
6. Pour butter mixture evenly over the apple filled crescent rolls
7. Now here's the
scary awesome part...pour the 12 oz. can evenly over top of the whole mixture
8. Sprinkle with Ground Cinnamon
9. Stick in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. It will start to smell amazing so try to resist taking it out early!
10. Let it cool and eat with vanilla ice cream!!!
These Apple Dumplings are the best I've ever had. I mean whatever the Mountain Dew does to the crescent roll is seriously delicious. You have to let me know if you try these. Hot or cold they are yummy. I promise I am NOT crazy!
Original recipe found here!