Monday, November 9, 2015

Aiden's Pumpkin Party {1st Birthday}

Thank you Erin for designing Aiden's party invitations!
Since Aiden is our little Halloween baby, I knew I wanted the theme of his first birthday to be festive and very seasonal so I used candy corn and pumpkins as my inspiration. Aiden loves being outside and loves our (almost daily) walks to the park around the corner from us so I thought the park picnic shelter would make the perfect party spot! (Especially since our house is currently under some construction.)
I worried all week that it would be cold and wet, but the weather was just fine. It could have been a few degrees warmer, but since Chili was on the menu it was the perfect "chili" day.
I kept the menu simple. I had a few different chilis, Cornbread muffins and some veggies and then had fun with the sweets table. I made Candy Corn Popcorn Balls and seasonal pies. Then the tables had a festive trail mix as part of the centerpiece.
I kept the decorations simple and used burlap table runners, hay bales and lots of real pumpkins. I of course made the progression of monthly pictures into a banner as well and had that hanging up. Other than that I had a few of Aiden's 1 year pictures framed, set out his memory book and that was about it. The setting of his party made it pretty easy. One thing I loved was my little circle of hay bales. I wanted Aiden to have a place to play that was enclosed. We also sat in the hay bale circle to open all of Aiden's gifts. We called it his hay bale corral. Ha.
I decided to make Aiden's cake myself and he loved it. My kid is serious about his dessert! He was very focused as he ate and kept saying "MMMmmmmm" after every bite!
Waving and saying "Hi!" to everyone watching him eat his cake! Too cute!
We were so blessed by all the people that came out to celebrate our precious little man with us. Aiden had both of his Great grandma's there, which was extra special and several of his Aunts and Uncles traveled from out of town to celebrate with us! My Dad even showed up with his videocamera to record the event. Aiden is one loved little man!
And it's nap time...
We had such a wonderful day celebrating our boy...our ONE year old boy!

8 comments:

Kaity B. said...

Aww...so sweet! The hay bale corral is ingenious! Haha

Kaity B. said...

Aww...so sweet! The hay bale corral is ingenious! Haha

Erin LFF said...

SO cute- everything turned out great!! :) All that chili looks perfect for a cool, fall day too!

Rach said...

He is SO cute! I cannot believe he's one! This past year has just flown!

Anne said...

What a perfect party theme!! Such a great way to make it seasonal and celebrate his Halloween birth date while leaving the really Halloween-y stuff for actual Halloween. Park shelter is definitely the way to go to help keep things a little more low-key, and crock pot chili is brilliant too. Going to keep that in mind for a future fall birthday party myself :) Everything turned out so cute!

Leigh said...

What a fun birthday you threw for A! :)

Brittany said...

This is so cute! I love the seasonal food/decorations and now I have a serious hankering for chili and pumpkin pie. The trail mix was such a cute touch! I'm glad you were able to celebrate your little guy with so many loved ones! :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Aiden's Pumpkin Party looks very beautiful. I am totally in love with all these party decorations. The food looks super tasty. My own niece would turn one soon and we too have been planning a fun fall themed bash for the celebrations at the garden party LA venue.