Thursday, May 25, 2017

Alder Jacob {Three Months}

One of these days I will actually post his monthly update on time, but honestly I'm just proud that I took his 3 month picture on the actual day and that I'm even doing these at all. So as we approach 4 months, here is Alder's three month update. Haha. #momlife

Time is flying by so quickly this time around. I'm trying very hard not to simply go through the motions and to actually enjoy these infant days because Alder is growing and changing so quickly! Alder continues to be a VERY happy and extremely sweet baby. If babies can be easy, he has to be the easiest. He is always smiling, laughing or concentrating on observing this big old world. He has already brought us so much joy and our love for him grows every single day. 
This month the biggest change in him has been his strength! He is holding his head up so well and is grabbing everything in sight (including Mommy's hair, ouch!) He so badly wants to roll over and I think it's only a matter of days before he is actually doing so on his own. 

Another big change is in his communication. He is constantly babbling and cooing to us. He makes this little ooooh ooooh cooing noise as he is falling asleep that is just the most precious thing ever. My favorite new noise of his though is his laugh. This kid has such a great laugh. It is contagious and you can't not smile when he chuckles, which is very often and especially at his Daddy.
Alder's other new interest is his big brother. He is constantly watching him and turning his head to see what big brother is doing. It's adorable. I can't wait to see them interact more. I can already see the sweetness of their brotherly bond forming. Like his brother, this child is also very routine. Eat, wake, sleep on repeat.
This month we celebrated my first Mother's day as a Mama of two. I also went back to work this month, but only 2 days a week. It has been good for all of us. I get out of the house, have some adult interaction and get to use my gifts in a different way and the kids get to spend time building relationships with Dad and Grandma. It is always hard to be away from my little guys, but I know this is where God wants me and our family right now. I feel blessed to have a job I love that allows me to mostly be a stay at home mom too.

A few stats about Alder at three months: 

Weight: He was 13.5 pounds at his 2 month appointment and the way this child eats I'd say he's definitely continuing to pack on the pounds. I'll found out in a few weeks about the weight he appears to be packing on.

Height: He has busted through his 3 month clothes so I'm assuming his height is continuing to shoot up too.

Size clothes: 3-6 month clothes

Sleeping: His sleeping is the most inconsistent thing about him. He is a very routine kid during the day, but at night he must just miss his Mama or maybe he's going through a growth spurt because there are nights he is still waking up every 2-3 hours. Then the next night it will be every 4-5 hours. Still no sleep stretches longer than 6 hours, but I'm hoping for that very soon because these interrupted nights of sleep are catching up to me and I need some ZZZZZZZs (says every Mama of little ones everywhere).

Random stuff only parents want to know:

Nicknames: He is most frequently and lovingly referred to as "Big Hunny."

Likes: Pooping through outfits, Giggling, Grabbing toys down from his activity mat, Chewing on his hands, Listening to Mama sing, Laughing at Dada, Staring at his big brother, Smiling...always smiling.

Dislikes: Accidentally scratching himself with his razor sharp nails (that he sweetly allows me to trim daily), being overtired and getting his meals interrupted by his big brother. Other than that, there's not much that phases this child.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures of Alder from this month...






We love you Alder J.

Watch Alder Grow...
            One Month Update                        Two Month Update

See Aiden at THREE MONTHS here
SaveSave

3 comments:

Erin LFF said...

That little squish face!!! He's so precious, and you are seriously the most beautiful, radiant momma there ever was. Your smile just lights up with your boys :) I hope little man starts giving you some longer stretches of sleep soon!

The Lady Okie said...

Awww he's so cute! I'm glad he's so happy and sweet. That's so great you only work 2 days! Perfect!

Rach said...

These pictures are all so great, but that squish-face pic of him is awesome! So sweet! Glad that he is such an easy baby for you guys! I hope he'll start sleeping longer stretches at night SOON!