Saturday, July 30, 2011

Staycation

For our 2 year anniversary that hubby of mine and I wanted to get away, but didn't quite have the funds or the time to plan a trip so instead we did a Staycation.
  • Stay-cation: A vacation in which you do not travel outside of your city limits.
This turned out to be a fabulous idea. We stayed at a historic Cincinnati hotel, The Hilton Netherlands where Elvis once stayed. The hotel was beautiful and full of interesting history.
Our hotel was part of the Carew Tower so we went all the way to the 49th floor to get a view of the city from above. For our exploration of the city I chose to remix one of my outfits for the occasion. See below. Top: Limited, Shorts: White House Black Market, Shoes: Dillards, Belt: Maurices

We had gift certificates from one of my work parties to a place called the Cricket Lounge, which I would highly recommend.

We ate to our hearts content and then walked around Fountain square to snap a few more pictures and listen to a band.
It was fun to "get away" from dishes, laundry and cooking for an evening and just relax with my man. Have you ever done a Staycation?

9 comments:

Megan said...

Awwww, that sounds like so much fun!! We have never done one, but I'd love to!

courtney said...

sometimes you need a staycation more than a vacation! we had a great time with you all last night!! :)

Lucy The Valiant said...

Happy anniversary! Staycations are the best!

Cherie@Accessoire said...

Staycation can be so fun! Yes, in fact my husband surprised me once and took all my stuff for an overnight stay to a local hotel and then took me for after dinner instead of going home with went to a very nice hotel!!!!

You two look very happy, may you have many more wonderful anniversaries. We have been married 25 years now!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

What a lovely time!! I can't believe you stayed somewhere Elvis did! That is very cool!! Thanks for sharing all your photos.

Stopping by from comment love!
Missy

Kym @ Travel Babbles said...

Happy Anniversary!! Photos look lovely! xoxo

Hayley said...

Looks like a fun trip, and not an easy trip to take!!

Hayley
http://theweekendfile.blogspot.com

Kate as of Late said...

Stopping by from comment love! It looks like you all had a wonderful time and a beautiful anniversary! May you have many more wonderful years together!!!!

Amanda C. said...

Vacation is not in the cards for me either. Maybe I should take a staycation!