Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy Fall Ya'll...the link-up

Today I'm linking up with Meg to share how I'm celebrating fall with food and crafts.
Fall craft: My favorite fall craft so far is my candy corn banner. This is new to my shop this fall and I love it! I'm always up for anything candy corn.
Fall dinner: Bacon Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken
Ingredients:
-5 small Gala Apples
(Chopped and Peeled)
-1/8 cup lemon juice
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-1 cup BBQ sauce  
-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-8 slices bacon

Mix all bold ingredients in a small bowl and pour over chicken breasts wrapped in bacon. Put in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.

Trust me this is amazing for so many reasons. 1. It has Bacon, 2. It is so easy, 3. Your crock pot does all the work for you!




Fall party snack: Caramel apple cheesecake dip
Fall dessert: Chocolate Pumpkin muffins
1 18 oz. box cake mix (I used chocolate, but a spice cake mix would be great for fall too)
15 oz. can of pumpkin
1 cup water

Mix ingredients in a mixer, cook for 20-25 minutes at 350.

Plus these muffins are not terrible for you. I actually got the recipe from a co-worker on weight watchers. If you are into that...these muffins are only 2 points each.

For those of you non weight-watcher bloggers add some mini chocolate chips to the batter before baking! Yum!
There's a little taste of fall for you!

12 comments:

henning love said...

ooh i saw this recipe too and thought hm.. is it good? it seems easy enough as well and here you made it. awesome and that caramel apple cheesecake dip, yummy! thanks for linking up allison, now can i have some of that cold weather you are having in ohio? today is suppose to be 107

Unknown said...

I love that candy corn banner! How cute is that! And I can't wait to try that chicken dish. It loos amazing! Thanks for linking up today, I'm so excited to be introduced to your blog!

Anonymous said...

omg that caramel apple cheesecake dip looks AMAZING! Definitely going to need to try that. And adorable picture of you. :)

xo,
Morgan
seemomogo.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

aDORE that candy corn banner! :-) I'm pinning it to pinterest! :-)

jessica // union shore said...

love that candy corn banner! so cute!!
oh, and that BBQ chicken sounds delicious! i'm always looking for new crockpot ideas! can't wait to try that one!

Suget said...

those are very delicious recipes. That banner looks so festive. Happy Autumn!!

Natalie said...

mmm! definitely going to try the chicken recipe =D

Anonymous said...

That caramel apple cheesecake dip looks amazing! And it's styled really pretty, too! :)

Lauren
http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

Megan said...

I've been wanting to make the bacon wrapped apple chicken for awhile now!! Glad to hear that it's good!

Kate said...

Sounds so good! I love fall cooking :)

A Brew of Blessings said...

You're adorable and these look delicious!!!!

Rach said...

Haha! It has bacon, it's easy and your crockpot does the work... love it! :)