Monday, December 15, 2014

Aiden Paul {1 month}

My little guy is now one month (and a few weeks) old and I just can't believe how fast he is growing and changing. Here are a few things about Aiden at one month that I don't want to forget....
He is so alert! We get comments on how alert he is for his age all.the.time. He loves to look around and soaks everything in. He only cat naps during the day and the pediatrician said she thought it was because he didn't want to miss out on anything. My Mother in law said my husband was the exact same way as a baby.
Aiden is a big eater and has developed rolls on his arms and thighs and has quite the tummy, which is the cutest thing ever. We call it his toad belly.
He is starting to smile more and more and my favorite sound in the world is his giggle. 
It melts my heart.
A few stats about Aiden at one month:

Weight: 9 pounds and 5 ounces

Height: 21 inches long

Size clothes: Still in newborn clothes and newborn diapers, but they are getting snug around his middle section. Haha.

Sleeping: He wakes up every 3-4 hours at night to eat, but has given us a few nights where he has slept 5 hours straight! Boy doesn't nap during the day, but I'll take a few straight hours of sleep at night over a somewhat productive day.

Random stuff only parents want to know:

Nicknames: Little Buddy, Bubba, Pumpkin head

Likes: Aiden still loves getting his hair shampooed and is enjoying bath time a lot more! He is still obsessed with the ceiling fan in his nursery and if he's fussy and we can't figure out why we just go in and visit his friend the fan and he calms down. So funny.  He likes milk, his pacifier and the sound of bells.

Dislikes: He doesn't love being swaddled, but it instantly calms him down if he is fussy. He hates tummy time, cold hands and waiting more than 2 and a half hours to be fed.

We love our little buddy so much and can't wait to see what month 2 brings!

13 comments:

Rach said...

I've seen a couple of other babies who are taken with ceiling fans and it's always precious. So glad you have something on tap that you know will help calm him down and make him happy. :) He sure is a cutie!

brittany @ g squared said...

He is so alert! And those expressions. Norah is the same way. So adorable!!

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

Eeee! bless it! Love this so much! xx

Anne said...

Oh my gosh, those little pants! And his bright eyes! Isn't it fun as they start getting more and more alert? We use "bubba" (and "bubbie") around here a lot too, and I definitely remember those days of tummy time torture. Not a fan either, my Hendrik (though he has always loved ceiling fans too!).

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

His serious expressions just melt my heart. You can tell even from pictures that he is so alert and doesn't miss a thing. I like that he likes the fan so much! It must be the rhythm and sound that soothes him.

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

Oh my goodness, he is precious! I can't believe he is already one month! Yay!

Becky said...

Haha toad belly - I love it! He is just getting cuter and cuter! :)

The Heart Of A Woman said...

He is adorable! Landry hated tummy time too! She also hate waiting too long to eat!

Legally Lovely said...

What a wide-eyed little hunk! It looks like he KNOWS he's having his photo taken in all of these. What a cutie!

Erin LFF said...

Ohhhh what a sweetie he is!! I love that little toad belly ;)

Brittany said...

That picture you Instagrammed that prominently featured his arm rolls? I stared at it for a full five minutes. Also, those pants are fantastic. Where can I get a pair of Brittany pants?!

Unknown said...

Seriously, SUCH a cutie.

Ashley Robyn said...

I seriously can't believe that he is already a month old. I love seeing his sweet pictures and love his pants. You have done well momma!