Thursday, December 18, 2014

Ladder Shelf {Christmas style!}

Last Spring my husband helped me complete yet another project I saw and fell for on Pinterest...a ladder turned into a shelf. It is still one of my favorite projects we have done together. The ladder shelf is in the corner of our dining room and we usually take it down and put up our Christmas tree there, but this year I decided to change things up. I decided to make my ladder a Christmas ladder.
We wrapped the ladder in lights and I put a star on top to make it resemble a Christmas tree. The bottom shelf I covered in a festive fabric and added some of our Christmas decor to. The middle shelf is a hot chocolate bar complete with festive hot chocolates, mugs and straws. And the top shelf is for a few cards that don't fit on my card holder. I haven't had time to do too much this year with a newborn on my hip, but I'm proud of this little bit of festive fun now in the corner of my dining room.

If you want to see a little more of my home at Christmas time you can check out my holiday house tour from last year here!

Linking up with Anne for her holiday Pin to present!

9 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

This is awesome! I'm so jealous of your creativity!! I can't even color well haha.

Rach said...

You did a great job with this! It looks so festive! :)

Jennifer Prod said...

such a fun idea - i love this! i've been trying to convince my husband to help me create a ladder for the nursery, but no luck yet -- hopefully soon!

Brittany said...

OH. MY. GOSH. This is so adorable! I love the idea of putting a hot chocolate bar on the middle rung. I'd definitely be using that a bit...

Erin LFF said...

SUPER cute!! I forgot about that ladder in your house but I love it 10x over again :)

Anne said...

I love it!! Already loved the ladder, and festive lights make everything better. Plus the hot chocolate bar - adorable! Thanks so much for linking up :)

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

It looks terrific! I wouldn't be able to stop going back to that hot chocolate shelf.... :)
Happy Holidays!

Shea Lennon said...

I love this! The ladder-turned-shelf idea itself is great, and I love that you made it Christmas-y too!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous idea. I love especially love the hot chocolate!