Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Aiden {4 Months}

My little man is officially 4 months old. Where oh where did my squishy little newborn go? I can't even quite remember what my life was like before he came around. He continues to be a content little guy. This month he has started grabbing at our faces, rubbing his eyes when he's sleepy and laughing all the time!
He has great neck control and is now sitting in his Bumbo seat and loving his new Baby Einstein jumper! I swear buying this guy new toys is Drew and I's new favorite thing. We frequent Buy Buy Baby even on our date nights when Aiden is not with us.
Aiden is so, so expressive. When he is unsure of something or encounters something new, he furrows his little brow (he gets it from his mama). His Daddy is still the source of most of his giggles. Aiden lights up when Daddy gets home. It is the cutest thing ever. They have an adorable little bond already.
This month was special because we had Aiden dedicated at church. I was an emotional mess talking about my hopes for my sweet boy and then listening to people pray over him. Bring on the water works for this already sentimental mama. It was such a special day.
More and more I am hearing "Aiden is a perfect blend of you and Drew." That makes me happy. I love seeing his features come out more and more. And can I just tell you how happy I am that this little guy is a brown eyed boy? My Dad has brown eyes and I grew up telling him I loved his "chocolate eyes." 
A few stats about Aiden at four months:

Weight: 14.4 pounds with a tummy to prove it!

Height: He is in the 10-25th percentile in height at 24 inches long

Size clothes: He is officially out of 0-3 month clothes. He still has a few 3 month outfits that fit, but we have moved on to 3-6 month clothes. To console myself I splurged at Baby Gap. 

Sleeping: He is still sleeping well minus a few nights when I overdid it with some Nutella brownies, and gave the poor guy gas pains. Ooops. He goes to bed around 9 and sleeps until 4:30 or 5. We have Aiden sleeping in his Rock N Play Sleeper right next to me in our bedroom. I'm just not ready for him to be in his big boy crib. I love waking up and seeing his sweet face, buuuuut I know I need to bite the bullet and put him in his crib. This will be happening this month. Dun dun duh.

Random stuff only parents want to know:

Nicknames: He has so many nicknames we can't keep track of them all. The nickname that has stuck this month is Bubba Honey. Haha. On Aiden's Valentine card from his Grandma she put To: Honey Honey, Sweetie Sweetie, Sugar Sugar, Stinky Stinky. Haha. Poor kid will never know his real name.

Likes: Being upside down, spitting up on Mom's clean outfits, his new Baby Einstein Jumper, Wubbanubs, swimming, bath time, Giving people "the look." (See the 4th picture down)

Dislikes: Shots. I hate them even more than he does though I think. Other than that, there's not much this kid doesn't like. He is such a trooper when I file his nails, use the bulb syringe to suck out boogers, give him his Vitamin D drops...etc. He's a content little guy and he's not phased by much.


He is just perfect and we are so in love.
         One Month Update          Two Month Update         Three Month Update

11 comments:

purpun said...

Love this!
He is such a bright eyed, thoughtful looking little boy. What does he spend his days thinking about - I'm sure you must wonder!
The dedication sounds wonderful! We have Josie's baptism arranged for when she's 6 months and I'm so excited for it.
If it helps put your mind at ease, I heard that SIDS guidelines recommend keeping the baby in your room until 6 months. I keep that fact in my back pocket whenever anyone probes me about my baby's sleeping arrangement. ;) But I realistically think 4-6 months is probably the perfect time to move out.
And baby nicknames are the best. Bubba Honey hahaha. Right now our favourite for Josephine is D'Jose Babe (pronounce da-Joze-babe). Don't ask, because I don't even know where it came from. haha.

Rach said...

Aww I love that you guys do baby dedications at your church! We do those at our church too and they always make me so emotional. I can't imagine what it's like to be the new parents up on stage!

The Heart Of A Woman said...

Oh gosh he is too cute!!!! What kinds of foods do you eat while nursing?

Kayla MKOY said...

Goodness his little belly is so CUTE! So is HE! I love him :)

Kayla MKOY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Prod said...

what a sweetheart! i'm going to need those stickers to photograph that months - such a great idea :)

TiffanyClark said...

He is just so sweet! Love it!!

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

His brow furrows are the cutest. Gosh! He's such a little grown up baby!! So, so adorable.

Brittany said...

He really DOES look like both of you! It's amazing! Also, "the look?" I can't deal with it. So precious.

Erin LFF said...

Love that sweet face! I totally see you and Drew both in various pictures. He's the perfect blend of his awesome parents! :)

Leigh said...

Oh goodness, I love the arm rolls! What kind of vitamin d drops do you have? We bought the kind that you have to use a syringe with but found out there is a kind that is one drop only and you can put it on a soother or nipple if you are breast feeding. So much easier!