Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A little sunshine, a lotta love

It truly is amazing how much a little sunshine can do for your spirit. Lately I've felt a little discouraged. No particular reason, but I just feel like I'm in a bit of a rut. Drew and I haven't had much time alone together, work has been crazy, it's been gloomy outside and our house to-do list is forever long. I'm also still trying to figure out how to be productive most days. So when Mr. Sun decided to show up, I took full advantage.

Aiden absolutely loves being outside! The last few days I have taken a blanket and a few toys outside  and we spend our afternoons listening to the birds and watching the clouds drift above us. It's times like these that lift my spirits. I know this guy deserves all my attention and the laundry, planting, cleaning and decorating can wait.  He won't be little forever.
I love days like these. Days that remind me of the simple joys of life.

8 comments:

Jen Brown {Baking Baby Brown} said...

I'm a firm believer in sunshine. Days in the sun are good for the soul! Must be the Florida girl in me. ;) Hope you have a great week!

Brittany said...

So very sweet. I've been in a rut, too lately. I wish I had a little Aiden clone to bring me out of it a bit. :)

Erin LFF said...

Sunshine definitely brings out the best in us. I think it's easy to get into a rut after the gloomy winter and not-quite-Spring yet weather. Our house list is a mile long too, which feels overwhelming- but Mister Aiden is definitely more important than any of that ;)

Becky said...

the spring sunshine always lifts my spirits! I feel like this is just the beginning of your and Aiden's outside adventures :)

Tara Illy said...

I'm with ya sister! Somedays are just 'rut' days and the sun does, indeed, help! Soak it up; both the sun and time with your little!!!

The Heart Of A Woman said...

The sun is fabulous! I'm glad yall had some time in the sun!

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

You two are adorable! So glad you had some good time soaking up the sunshine. It's definitely good for the soul. :)

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

You two are adorable! So glad you had some good time soaking up the sunshine. It's definitely good for the soul. :)