Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Simple Seasame Noodles

Every time I go to the grocery store I always check to see if the Annie Chun's Noodle bowls are on sale...if they are I snatch up a few for a rainy day. Whenever Drew is gone for an evening and I'm on my own for dinner these are my go to item to grab. However, after finding this PW recipe for sesame noodles, I am now saying goodbye to Annie Chun.

This recipe is simple and quick (two words I wouldn't normally use to describe a Pioneer Woman recipe.) It is also delicious (which describes every Pioneer Woman recipe.) Here is what you will need...
12 oz. Lo Mein Noodles (could substitute for angel hair pasta)
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp. sugar
4 garlic cloves minced
2 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
3 Tbsp. Sesame Oil (found mine in the Asian section)
1/2 tsp. Hot Chili Oil (also found in the Asian section)
4 Tbsp. Canola Oil
4 whole green onions sliced thinly
Cilantro for garnish

Whisk all ingredients (minus the green onions, cilantro and noodles) in a medium sized bowl. Cook noodles as directed, drain and place in large bowl. Pour sauce over warm noodles and stir in green onions. Top with cilantro.

Next time I make this, I'm going to chop up peanuts to add a little extra crunch. YUM! I can't wait to make this again! As always, PW never lets me down.

Linking up with Alissa for Tasty Tuesdays!

Now hop over here and enter to win something for your Valentine.

12 comments:

A Brew of Blessings said...

I'll have to add this to my "must try" recipes :) Thanks for sharing friend!

Anonymous said...

lo mein is my favorite! I am definitely saving this recipe for later! :)

Kim of Mo Betta said...

Oh yes, I make something very similar and it is sooooo good!

Brittany Kyte said...

I recently tried my hand at a thai rice noodle recipe that turned out horribly. But, this? This looks amazing! I've got to try it out :)

Tiara | a Happy Healthy Home said...

I love cooking with rice noodles! Thanks for another recipe to try.

Tiara
http://icecreamandfrenchfries.blogspot.com/

Rach said...

I know we've discussed this before, but she really is the best! I just shared a recipe of hers today too! :)

Katie @ My Darling Days said...

Oh yummy, looks tasty!

Katie said...

yum!! that looks so good!!

Anonymous said...

omgosh that is so funny! :D I just posted a very similar recipe for my Vegan Tuesday!! hee hehe.... I love noodles.

Stephanie
http://sharelovealways.blogspot.ca/

Devon said...

I'm a sucker for any recipe with soy sauce in it. I love asian food. I'm making this asap. Thank you for sharing!

Kira said...

Yum! I definitely love how easy it sounds.

Betty said...

Yum! I've been looking for some asian-noodle recipes and I'm definitely going to try this one. I'm thinking of adding some sauteed veggies as well (along with those peanuts you mentioned for the crunch!).