French Bread pizzas. They were delicious and since everyone is probably tired after their New Year's eve celebrations, this is a perfect New Year's Day meal for one person or for many!
Sub rolls (I actually used mini sub rolls)
Mozzarella cheese...the more the better
Any and all of your favorite pizza toppings (I used onions, mushrooms, Canadian bacon and pineapple)
This is the easiest "recipe" you'll ever follow...
1. Cut the rolls in half and place them face up on a baking sheet
2. Slice any toppings you may have that need slicing
3. Cover each roll with marinara sauce and mozzarella
4. Cover each roll with your toppings
5. Bake on the lowest rack of your oven for 375 to get the bread toasted then bump up your oven temperature to 425 and bake until cheese is melted and golden brown
6. Eat immediately
What I love about these is that you can make them so many different ways...the possibilities are endless. Betsy and I ended up making a Hawaiian pizza and a caramelized onion and mushroom pizza. The onion and mushroom combination was my favorite! Just add butter to a sauce pan to soften the onions add the mushrooms and cook for about 10 minutes and add to your pizza. YUM!
Happy New Year everyone!