Saturday, October 10, 2015

Aiden {11 months}

My little bitty baby is now looking and acting so much more like a little man. He is 11 months old and is so much fun to play with these days. His favorite things lately are wagon rides in his red Radio Flyer wagon, eating and saying Apple and saying Hi to every person and animal he meets.
He is very chatty and has increased his vocabulary this month. He is saying Apple, Banana, Kitty, Hi, Night night, Bye, Brown bear, Mama, Dada and I swear he says Happy Birthday. He is signing "more" for everything. It has been so cool to watch him transfer signing more for food into now signing more for when he wants other things, "more wagon ride, more books and even to me...more milk." It really is so cool to watch his brain making connections.
My favorite time of day (on the days I work) is when I come home and see him waiting for me at the door. He gets the biggest grin on his face, says Mama and jumps up and down until I snatch him up. I have never felt more loved. He makes me melt.
Being outside is still his favorite thing. We take lots of walks to the library and park near our house and he especially loves swinging. He still loves Thomas the Train and hums along when the theme song comes on. He gives me this look like "hey, I know this song, don't you?" He is just the sweetest and smartest baby ever, but I'm not biased at all.
A few stats about Aiden at eleven months:

Weight: 20 pounds

Height: 28 inches

Size Clothes: 12 month outfits are still a little big so he's still in 9-12 month clothes and size 3 diapers.

Sleeping: VICTORY! This month after Aiden got a cold and reverted back to wanting me to feed him every few hours I finally said enough and looked into sleep training. In the previous months I had taken small steps like creating a bed time routine and giving him a lovey to sleep with and those things all helped, but Aiden was still not sleeping for more than 5-6 hours a night consistently and it was taking me about about an hour to get him to bed each night. I still didn't like the idea of having him cry it out so I decided on a mix between the Ferber Method and the Pantley Method and after night number 1, Aiden realized he liked to sleep and slept from 7:30-5. The next night was easier and better and he slept longer and these last few weeks have been amazing in the sleep department. Sleep training worked and I am a new woman. Now someone please tell me why I waited so long!!!!

Eating: He's eating 3 meals a day and is eating lots of big boy food, but still no honey, strawberries, peanut butter, tomatoes, etc. Just trying to put lots of healthy clean goodness in his body. His favorites right now are spaghetti, apples, and a pumpkin-apple quinoa I've been making lately.

Random stuff only parents want to know:

Nicknames: Pumpkin, Beebo, Baby hunny, little man.

Likes: Signing "more," apples and bananas, saying hiiiiii to his kitties, walking behind his push toy, being read to.

Dislikes: Being overtired, when Mama has to work.
         One Month Update          Two Month Update         Three Month Update        Four Month Update
         Five Month Update          Six Month Update         Seven Month Update        Eight Month Update
         Nine Month Update          Ten Month Update         Eleven Month Update                 

7 comments:

Kristin said...

I cannot believe your little man is almost a year old!!! He just couldn't be any cuter!

The Lady Okie said...

Awesome job on the sleep training! I looked up those methods and they sound great :)

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

What a sweet little guy he is!! I can't believe he's almost a year old. That has to be the best feeling in the world to see him when you get home from work and just see his face light up with love. <3

Erin LFF said...

Oh he IS such a cutie!!! :) I'm so glad to hear the sleeping is going awesome for you guys now. His first birthday is almost here, eek!!!

Brittany said...

The video of him saying brown bear melted me into a giant puddle. I would love to see his reaction when you get home from work! So very cute!

Rach said...

I'm so glad to hear that sleep training worked for you guys! Sleep is SO important! I can't believe he is nearly a year old already! Time has flown! I just blogged about freezer meals and it took me back to our conversations about freezer meals from a year ago before Aiden arrived. :) And now he's almost one!

Rach said...

I'm so glad to hear that sleep training worked for you guys! Sleep is SO important! I can't believe he is nearly a year old already! Time has flown! I just blogged about freezer meals and it took me back to our conversations about freezer meals from a year ago before Aiden arrived. :) And now he's almost one!