Monday, January 6, 2014

Hippensteal's Mountain View Inn: {My new favorite place to stay in the Smokies!}

Last weekend I surprised my husband with a trip to the Smoky Mountains to celebrate his upcoming 30th birthday! We had stayed in a chalet in Gatlinburg before so I wanted to do something different. My friend Andrea recommended a B&B she had stayed at for an anniversary so I checked it out. If you are looking for an amazing place to stay in the Smokies, I highly recommend Hippensteal's Mountain View Inn! The sweetest couple (Vern and Lisa) own the Inn and we felt so cared for during our entire stay. Here are a few pictures from our mini vacation in the Smokies...
Our room had a fire place, breath taking mountain view, an amazingly comfortable bed and an oversized whirlpool tub, which I now want in my own personal bathroom. We felt right at home!
Every morning we were served a breakfast that was out of this world amazing. Our first breakfast was their Eggs Hippensteal and I had no problem clearing my plate. After breakfast we were even served a desert of homemade pumpkin chocolate chip bread. I'm drooling just thinking about it.
The Inn is close to several hiking trails and is within a mile of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, which we took full advantage of! More on our hike later this week...
It is also close to downtown Gatlinburg and only minutes away from the Gatlinburg Art district. We had fun exploring the many (and often extremely cheesy) shops and somehow we always end up leaving with home made fudge.


If you get hungry as you shop there are tons of restaurants, but you have to visit the Donut Friar in the Village Shops. Best donuts ever. When we stayed in Gatlinburg a few years ago they were closed and Drew was so bummed. When we ate our donuts this time he said "I've been waiting 4 years for this!"
We were also close to Pigeon Forge where you can see shows like the Dixie Stampede. It was definitely cheesy, but I loved it. It's something you have to see at least once if you visit the Smokies fairly often.
We were welcomed back to our B&B each evening with a homemade dessert waiting for us in the kitchen. You can eat it in the kitchen, in their comfortable lounge area or take it up to your room. We just happened to do all 3.
This little getaway was just what Drew and I needed after a crazy few months. It was the perfect way to welcome 2014 and to celebrate my husband's 30th birthday!
We got fancy and pulled out all the stops with this cheap champagne.
Hippensteal's Mountain View Inn...we are definitely coming back to visit you again!

*I was not compensated for writing this post. All opinions are my own and I enjoy sharing awesome places with my readers!

25 comments:

Karla said...

Wow!! SOO beautiful!! And can I just say, I'd love to raid your closet. That scarf, those leggings, and your sweaters! Love them!

Megan Klackner said...

So fun! I do love my Tennessee mountains :) You're right, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are SO cheesy but there's a lot of great hiking and beautiful views up there too! I have been to the Dixie Stampede one time...my grandparents took me when I was about 12. It was definitely an experience :) Glad y'all had a good time on your mountain getaway!

Betty said...

I love surprise trips and this place looks so fun! What a great way to ring in 30 years! :)

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

WOW! I love little bed and breakfasts! Amazing. I'm keeping this one in the back pocket for the next mountain getaway with my hubby!!!

Also - you are rocking those printed leggings, you adorable thing, you!!!

xx

Natalie said...

Sounds like a great place! I mean, who wouldn't love a little get-away to the mountains anyway, right?!

Anonymous said...

Aww you guys are so cute! Lovely photos. Happy 30th to your man!!

Samantha Shepherd said...

Ahhhhh. Aren't the mountains the best?! What a sweet and adventure-filled weekend y'all had. :) Can't wait to see pictures from your hike(s)!

Jessica M. said...

Oh how beautiful! All your photos are so pretty, but I'm sure they don't do the Smokey's justice.

Becky said...

Wow this place sounds amazing!!! What lovely views!! I've never been to the Smokey's - I need to change that!

Elizabeth said...

this looks like our kind of getaway!!! so fun!!! but for real. i have never been to the smokeys but they look wonderful!

Carrie said...

This place looks AWESOME! I am pinning your post as this would be drivable for us and I'd love to stay here sometime!

Kristen said...

That looks so nice and romantic!! I love the Gatlinburg area! & that breakfast looks awesome!!!!!

Kaysie said...

This looks amazing! We have been keeping our eyes out for a good mountain resortish cabin place to sleep. And, I wanted to comment on your about page but couldnt. I married my HS sweetheart too and love meeting fellow married my first loves! I also love the pioneer woman - have you made the cowboy quiche yet? If not, go do it right now!

Unknown said...

I've never been down there but have been thinking about it for a late winter trip. Love the view that you had!

Erin LFF said...

I LOVE Gatlinburg and everything you guys did!! :) SO glad you got to have a fun weekend getaway to celebrate your man! You look SO PRETTY in every picture- you are stunning and your wardrobe is amazing :)

Unknown said...

You guys are TOO cute! I have bookmarked this to my travel destinations. Looks heavenly!!

Happiest of birthdays to yours!

Unknown said...

I love your outfit and this REALLY makes me want to go to the smokies.

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

This looks like the perfect getaway! I've never stayed a B&B, but it looks like the way to go! Homemade dessert...yum! Happy birthday to your husband!

Devon said...

I'm starting to think right after Christmas is the perfect time for a vacation. You really need to unwind after all the hustle and bustle. It looks like this little inn was the perfect place for the two of you to do that. What a nice place to celebrate a birthday and spend time together.

Rach said...

You were in my State!! I mean, you were 6 1/2 hours away, but still! In my very own State! So glad that you guys had such a wonderful time. :) Happy birthday to your sweet husband!

Brittany said...

This post just made me so happy. Gatlinburg is so gloriously cheesy and I absolutely love it. I can't believe I've never been to Dixie Stampede! That's such a perfect escape/surprise!

Anonymous said...

Wife of the year award goes to you!! What a fun surprise trip to celebrate your husband! That place looks amazing. I'm drooling over that dessert.

-Amy

Susannah said...

Wow! That sounds like such a charming BandB. How fun that you got to get away with your hubby! :-)

A Brew of Blessings said...

How amazing does this trip look!?!?!?

Jenny Fish said...

That looks like so much fun! Now I Just really want a cozy getaway. And the scenery is beautiful. Glad you had so much fun!