Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Bread Pudding {Recipe} Mmmmm

On a snowy evening there is almost nothing better than eating a warm dessert while you watch the snow fall. I have the perfect winter recipe to share with you today, Paula Deen's Bread Pudding. It is easy to make, tastes delicious and can be eaten for dessert or breakfast or both. Naturally, I did both.

Ingredients:
2 cups Sugar
5 Eggs
2 cups Milk
2 tsp. Vanilla
3 Cups Cubed Bread with Crust on (I used French Bread)

1 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup butter (softened)
1 cup chopped Pecans

SAUCE-
1 cup Sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup Butter
2 tsp. Vanilla

Instructions:
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.

Get out a large bowl and combine sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir to combine. Then add in the bread cubes and let soak for 10 minutes.

While bread cubes are soaking get out a medium sized bowl and add the brown sugar, butter and chopped pecans. Make sure you add softened butter and not melted butter so the consistency of these ingredients ends up looking like a crumble.

Evenly pour the bread mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle the brown sugar crumble evenly over the top of the bread mixture. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

While bread mixture is cooling, make the sauce. Combine the sugar, egg, butter and vanilla in a medium sauce pan on medium heat until sugar has melted. Stir frequently. If you are feeling fancy go ahead and add a little brandy to the sauce.

Pour sauce over bread pudding, serve warm with ice cream!

If you prefer Chocolate Bread Pudding, click over here.
Do you have a favorite bread pudding recipe??

15 comments:

Betty said...

Yum!! I love bread pudding but have actually never made it...hope to try this recipe soon!

Jessica M. said...

Oh my gosh that looks so good!!! I kind of want to try the chocolate recipe though. :)

Mimsie said...

I LOVE bread pudding and my mom used to make it pretty often. However, my husband would not eat it the first time I put a bowl of it in front of him and said, "Honey, here's some yummy bread pudding". It was the word "bread" that put him off. I waited a few months, then made it again and this time I called it brown sugar pudding. He ate it and loved it!

Care said...

Thank you for sharing this- looks incredible!!! You have such a talent lady!

Brittany Fry @ The 26th of August said...

I have been meaning to try to make this. My MIL loves it and my husband is always saying how she used to make it all the time. I have never actually had it but I might have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Brittany said...

Yes, yes, yes. Just YES. Will be doing this soon.

Kayla MKOY said...

YUMMM!!!! I looove bread. Like, so much. I have to try this!

Unknown said...

I love bread pudding! This looks delicious!! My husband had never had bread pudding until I made it for him last year, and now he loves it too!!

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

This is exactly what I need on this cold, snowy day! Mmmm...looks so good!

Rach said...

Oh wow, that just sounds delicious!

Tamara said...

That is just what I would love to be eating right now!

Disneypal said...

Heavens to Betsy...this looks so good! I must try it!

Kira said...

That looks amazing. I'm the worst when it comes to sweet stuff though. I just eat it all immediately and then feel terrible.

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to make bread pudding for awhile. So glad I came across your recipe! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

We are making this for the first time. :) I'm excited! It smells so good! Thanks for the recipe!