Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Delicious Pad Thai Recipe!

Well here it is...my first recipe post of 2014! I have been searching for a Pad Thai recipe that measured up to the amazing Pad Thai I've tasted at several Cincinnati restaurants, but had yet to find one...until now. My sister shared this recipe with me the other day and it did not disappoint, so now I'm sharing it with you! It is delicious!

SAUCE INGREDIENTS: 
(Warm all sauce ingredients together in a medium sauce pan on the stove)
-2 Tbsp. butter
-1/3 cup vegetable oil
-2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
-4 Tbsp. fish sauce
-5 Tbsp. peanut butter
-1/4 cup soy sauce
OTHER INGREDIENTS:
-1 pound chicken breasts (I used tenderloins)
-3 eggs
-Assorted veggies (Bean Sprouts, Green Onions, 3 large carrots)
-Rice Noodles
-Cilantro
-Lime juice
STEPS:
1. Cook your chicken (I cooked mine in a Wok)
2. Scramble a few eggs and add to the Wok with the cooked meat
3. Add the veggies (minus the cilantro) and cook on high heat
4. Pour the sauce over the meat and the veggies
5. Cook the Rice Noodles and then drain
6. Add the Rice Noodles to the meat and veggies. Stir everything in together.
7. Top with Cilantro and lime juice (optional)
8. Enjoy!


Linking up with Jessica and Ashley today!

12 comments:

Natalie said...

Yum, yum, yum!

Katie said...

yum!! pad thai is my favorite! and i haven't had it forever! i need to make this!

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

This looks really good! You're such a great cook. I bet your hubby is happy. :)

Anonymous said...

My husband loves any kind of asian dish so I need to make this for him!

Kaysie said...

Ohhh good to know! I freaking love pad thai but have never wanted to make it because I know it won't even begin to compare.

Rach said...

Looks delicious!

Susannah said...

This sounds SO GOOD!!! I love Pad Thai so much! :-)

Anne said...

This sounds really good... but what I REALLY want is to know how to make crispy pad thai. Mmmm. I guess I'll just let Bangkok Bistro keep doing it for me :)

Anonymous said...

Yum! That looks delicious and so comforting and warm!

-Amy

Erin LFF said...

Ohhh YUM! :) So glad you are starting 2014 off with sharing more delicious recipes!!

Katie said...

Yum yum yum!!!! We're currently sans stove/oven and I've been housebound for going on 5 days and THIS LOOKS AMAZING. Also, my appetite seems to have returned :)

Lauren's thoughts said...

Yum! I l will definitely try this.