Monday, January 20, 2014

REUNITED!

This weekend I got together in Indy with some of my best girlfriends from college. It was so good to be back together again. We ate amazing food, explored our old stomping grounds and stayed up way too late talking and reminiscing about college days. It was wonderful to all be back in the same city for a weekend! Here's a look at our mini reunion...
Saturday morning we woke up early, made breakfast together and headed downtown to the Indianapolis City Market. I've missed having these girls around to get ready with and simply do life with...towel hair and all. We explored the market and indulged ourselves with coffee and smoothies.
Blurry, camera phone picture, but I still love it

After the City market we went back to my friend Betsy's house and got out some college scrapbooks.
We ate lunch at McAlister's and were entertained by my friend Katie's adorable daughter, Charlotte. It's so fun seeing your friends in the mom role.
After lunch we ran some errands, drank more coffee and talked and laughed on repeat. That evening our friend Carrie braved the snow storm to join us at Kona Grill for cocktails and a delicious meal.
The rest of the weekend my camera stayed tucked in my camera case because I was so wrapped up in my amazing friends. They are all beautiful women who I wish I could live closer to! I'm so thankful for the friendships I made in college and that they are friendships that will last despite the distance between us.

11 comments:

Brittany Fry @ The 26th of August said...

It is always so nice to catch up with friends! Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

Reunions with college girlfriends are the best!! It looks like you ladies had a fantastic time.

McAlister's was one of my favorite spots in college too!

-Amy

Brittany said...

I love reunions with my college friends! You were in my neck of the woods! I actually haven't been to the City Market yet, but I've been meaning to go.

Devon said...

I've haven't seen a friend in the the "mom role" yet, but I know that time is just around the corner. So glad you had a nice weekend with friends. Those are the best.

Rach said...

Oh my goodness, could Charlotte be any cuter?! She is precious! I know what you mean about how cool it is to see your friends in mom-role. We have a group of best friends from college and Christopher and I are officially the only couple who aren't either pregnant or already have kids. It's such a blessing to watch our friends grow their little families.

Anyway, I am so glad that you ladies had the chance to get together! Looks like so much fun! Makes me miss my besties from college!

Amira said...

You guys just gave me such a craving for a girls' trip away!

Kira said...

That sounds amazing, I want to plan something like that with my old friends!

Jen Mc said...

That looks like a wonderful weekend! I'm glad you enjoyed the company without worrying about having pictures

Courtney B said...

What an awesome weekend!! It seriously sounds perfect. I am dying for a girls weekend!

Katie said...

how fun!! i want a girls weekend!

Jenny Fish said...

College friend reunions are the best! They don't happen as often as they should, but I can't wait for the next time. It looks like you had so much fun!