Saturday, January 11, 2014

Family: The ties that bind us together

Losing people you love is always hard. Losing a member of your family, a person who you are tied to by blood, by memories, by fate is simply tragic. On New Year's eve my Aunt passed away at the age of 56. Death certainly has a way of making you reflect and making you hold tight to every other person you hold dear. We may not always understand why things happen the way they do, but I'm thankful that I have peace knowing that God is in control. As hard as we might try to figure out why things happen, we simply can not rely on our own understanding. All we can do is hold tight to God's promises. He will never leave us, even in death if we trust in him.
My Aunt was a loving and generous woman. She was always planning out something fun for us to do at family functions and she loved to laugh. She always made sure to tell me how much she loved reading my blog and she absolutely loved talking about her family. While I am so incredibly sad that my Aunt will no longer be with us on this earth, I was blessed to know her and I know she is well taken care of with my grandpa and with Jesus in heaven.

14 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm so sorry Allison! How terribly sad! I pray your whole family will feel the comfort of Jesus! <3

Katie said...

Oh, Allison. I am so so sorry. I know how it feels to lose an Aunt so young. Just terribly heartbreaking. Thinking of you and praying for your family!

Brittany Fry @ The 26th of August said...

I am so for your loss! Death is such a hard fact of life and she was so young. Hold tight to those wonderful memories and I will be praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss.

Kayla MKOY said...

Allison I'm so sorry for your loss! Losing someone, especially someone close to you, is never easy. Praying for you and your family! How amazing though to know, she is with Jesus now? I love that eternal hope He gives us!!

Rach said...

Oh Allison, I'm so sorry. I know your heart must be breaking. I just said a prayer for you and your family and I will definitely continue to keep you guys in prayer. Love you!

Kristen Whitby said...

I'm sorry sweet Allison. It is so hard to lose someone so close. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

Oh, Allison. I'm so so sorry for this. I am praying for you and your family.

Xo

Unknown said...

Allison, I am so, so sorry for your loss. This is a beautiful post. Sending lots of love your way. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Betty said...

Alisson, I am so so sorry for the loss of your aunt. It is never easy to lose a family member or friend. I love how you described the love in your family, and the hope that you all have for the future. Keeping you and your family in our prayers.

The Lady Okie said...

So sorry to hear this, but so happy to know she is in heaven :)

Brittany said...

I'm so sorry, Allison. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I am so sad to read of your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

-Amy

Susannah said...

I'm so sorry for your loss!!!