Sunday, January 12, 2014

My word to live by for 2014


The last few months of 2013 held a lot of heartache for me and for my family. A few things I have mentioned on my blog and a few I have not, but through it all, it comforted me to know there was hope for what was to come.
Hope of redemption
Hope of healing
Hope of new life
Hope of a better tomorrow
Hope for change

Not only do I want to cling to hope, but I want to give hope to others.
I desire to learn more, grow more and connect more so that I can do that better.

No matter what comes my way in 2014, 
I want to remember that there is always hope because God's promises are true.

My 2013 word was thankful

14 comments:

Brittany said...

I loved your take on having hope. I have hope for the year 2014 as well.

Best Wishes
-Brittany
http://pittsburghglamour.blogspot.com/

Mary Beth @ LesAventures said...

One of my favorite verses. I hope that 2014 brings a lot of fun and happiness.

-Mary Beth
http://lesaventuresdelavie.blogspot.com

Katie Cook said...

Love that you shared this. HOpe is a special word for me too…the hope that God makes everything new!! Love you lady:) xxoo Katie

The Lady Okie said...

Hope is what gives me such peace. It's a great blessing and I hope you can hold on to hope this year!

Carrie said...

SO sorry for your two recent loses. :( I don't have a word for this year, but I think if I could pick two they would be Courage AND Hope!

Unknown said...

Love this too Allison! I'm so glad to read your post. This has also been an important word to me lately for many reasons. I love how you write about it here. My journey with hope has also been a big part of my life too. Thanks so much for sharing.

Jen Mc said...

That is a great word for the year!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I'm memorizing that verse this week. Thanks for sharing!

-Amy

Jena Roach said...

How cute are you? love that sweater and top knot, lady! What a wonderful word for the year! :)

Anne said...

Such a great post, Allison! Hope your heartache is eased by these thoughts - thanks for sharing. Also now I'm feeling inspired to come up with my own word for the year....

Natalie said...

Praying that you do indeed find abundant hope this year Allison!

Susannah said...

What a beautiful word for this year!

Rach said...

This made me cry. But hopeful tears for you and your family. Love your words. 2014 is going to be an amazing year full of hope for you, sweet friend!

Tamara said...

Great word!