Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Life is a rollercoaster...

Praying before our big gender reveal
In this season of my life I have been learning so much to celebrate life's little moments. Life is full of hard times, making the good ones that much sweeter. This season has been a roller coaster of what if's and what now's and trusting God completely. If you had told me a year ago what this year would bring I don't know how I would've handled it all, which is one reason I'm very thankful that God is the one in control and not me.

As you know I recently got a brand new job and am so incredibly happy with it. Well as of last week, my husband got a new job too and it was completely unexpected. So yes, both Drew and I have brand new jobs out of the blue.

Drew has been looking for jobs outside of teaching, which makes me sad because he is an awesome teacher and I'm not saying that as a biased wife...he is good at what he does. So in the midst of applying for all these jobs he sees a job at the school district we both graduated from and applies. Within a week he had the job and then comes to discover that his new teaching partner...well it's one of his childhood best friends. What?! This new job also comes with a pay raise and they've already  asked him about coaching football. Drew and I have been completely blown away with the blessings we have been given. Despite the crazy year we've had and some tough things that are going on right now we still have SO much to be thankful for.

In hard and trying times you always have to look for the good because it is always there. God never promised that we would have it easy, but he does promise to walk with us through every step of life and to give us peace when we seek him. So whatever it is that you may be going through, find something to be happy about and celebrate it!

John 16:33
"In this world you WILL have trouble, but take heart for I have overcome the world."

13 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

Congrats to both of you! I am so glad this has been a more joyful year!

lori said...

i love this post. so many exciting things happening for your sweet little family!!!

According to Jax said...

Lovely post!! It's definitely hard to feel thankful when at the same time you feel, sad/unlucky/unfortunate...but the good stuff is always there. You just have to find it and appreciate it! :)
So happy for both of your jobs!! What is your hubby's new role??

Becky said...

Congrats on his new job!! :) You're right - there will always be good things!!

Erin LFF said...

You and Drew are so faithful, and now everything is making sense bc God's had it planned out all along! So happy for you guys in this new season of life :)

Legally Lovely said...

I'm so excited for you and Drew; glad that he will continue with teaching, especially in such a great school district! God is good!

gen said...

so happy for you guys!

Kayla MKOY said...

I love the faith that the two of you have. It's so beautiful to see a young couple longing for Christ's heart! SO proud of you two and I just know that the blessings will only continue. Glad you're loving your new job!

Anne said...

So happy for both of you. Such blessings with baby on the way - and your happiness and comfort in being provided for will help him grow well in there, I think :)

Shelley said...

congrats to you and drew. sounds like an amazing opportunity and even better that he gets to work with a friend!

Rach said...

Whaaat?! With his childhood bestie?! How great is that! It is just amazing how everything has fallen into place for you guys this year. :)

Anonymous said...

God is awesome! What a wonderful opportunity for Drew and your family. My husband helps coach football at his old high school - he loves it and I'm sure Drew will too.

-Amy

Natalie said...

Mmhmm--God is good, even in the midst of "what ifs" and "what nows"