Wednesday, November 18, 2015

{Baby Approved Meals} Banana & Coconut Milk Rice Pudding

homemade baby food
This recipe is the first in my new series: Baby Approved Meals. I'll be sharing a few simple, tried and true recipes from my kitchen as I've been spending a lot of time there making healthy meals for my little guy. This recipe is the perfect amount of sweet and is a great consistency for your little ones!

Ingredients:
(Makes about 2 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup jasmine rice
3/4 cup coconut milk (plus more as needed)
1/2 cup mashed banana
baby friendly recipe
Instructions:
1.) Combine rice and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan on medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
2.) Reduce heat to low, cover & simmer, stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed and rice is soft.
3.) Remove from heat and stir in the coconut milk.
4.) Set aside to cool.
5.) Transfer cooled rice mixture to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. If the mixture is too think, add more coconut milk.
6.) Spoon rice pudding into a bowl and top with mashed banana.
baby approved rice pudding
Recipe adapted from one I found in this cookbook.

1 comment:

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

Oooh this looks yummy! Did you like it? I am trying to only make things that everyone in the family will like so I'm always looking for stuff like this!