Saturday, January 19, 2019

Dear August: A letter to my last baby

Dear August,
I can't believe my pregnancy with you is nearing an end. I have one week left of feeling you kick and hiccup and squirm from the inside. Next week at this time, I will be holding you in my arms, will feel the weight of your little body on my chest and will be breathing in your newborn smell. It makes me tear up just typing those words. My pregnancy with you has gone so quickly and has been so different than my pregnancy with either of your brothers. I felt you kick way sooner and I feel you move way more than I did with them. You are definitely making yourself known as part of this family already.

You have been a sweet and unexpected gift since we first found about you. You have already brought me so much joy and I know that God has big plans for you. In fact, your name means revered and exalted. I truly believe you are being born and raised up at this exact time for a reason.

While this may be my first post about you in this space, know that you are so very loved and we are eagerly anticipating you joining our family. Your brothers are so much fun and you have the best daddy in the world. I can't wait to see how perfectly you fit into our family.

Here are some pictures of my pregnancy with you:
How we announced that you were joining our family.

First ultrasound where we got to see you for the first time.

Our gender reveal party. We were so excited that you were a BOY!

18 week appointment and learning you were a BOY.

A random date night with your Dad to IKEA to look for baby stuff!

Most of the pictures I took with you were in the bathroom mirror.

Picking a name for you took us longer than usual, but we love your name and it's meaning. August Terrence.

Aiden predicted you would have orange hair and blue eyes. He loved feeling you kick.

Being pregnant with you at Christmas time was very special for me. 

January came quickly. Baby month!

With your arrival, Alder becomes a big brother too. I can't wait to see your relationship with your brothers form and grow.

No comments: