Saturday, January 19, 2013

Going on a first blate is like...

Going on a blate (blog-date) is a lot like going out on a real first date. You want to make a good impression so you have to think twice about your outfit, you want to be on time so you leave early, on your drive you start thinking about topics you could talk about in case of an awkward silence and then you start sweating because you are nervous and have to blast the AC, finally you pop in a piece of gum and head in...
As it turns out there was absolutely nothing for me to be nervous about because Erin was awesome and just as fun loving as she appears on her blog. We had planned on going to Ruby Tuesdays as a healthier option, but last minute decided Mexican would be much more fun. We ate chips and salsa, sipped on drinks and chatted non-stop like we were long lost friends catching up. We are definitely meeting up again, but next time we are roping in our husbands!
So far every single blate I've been on has been amazing. Have you ever been on a blate? Were you nervous?

21 comments:

Jess said...

I've been on two and my next one is in a few weeks! I always get a little bit nervous, but like you said it's always for nothing...they were both just the sweetest :)

Good luck roping y'all's husbands in, haha!

xo

Anonymous said...

Glad that went well! I would be so nervous to meet any of my blog friends in person.

Karla said...

Love this! Glad you both had fun! =D

Kristen said...

Aw! How fun!!! Ha, I don't think I'll be going on too many while I'm living in the Tundra!! :)

Alyssa said...

More bloggers need to live in PA!

Rach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rach said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great time! I definitely was nervous the first time I went on a "blate" but it turned out to be really great too! :)

Kira said...

I have met other bloggers before, but it has all been through mutual friend situations or specific blog related events. I've never actually set up a hang out time with another blogger that I didn't know beforehand. I bet it would be fun!

Kayla Peveler said...

Isn't Erin amazing? ;) so blessed to have her in my life... I am SO glad you two had a blast!! :) Mexican is probably the best meal to go for.. hehe

Courtney said...

so fun! youre like the easiest person to talk to and love so i dont even know why you were nervous :)

Jessica M. said...

I've never been on a blate, but I would love to someday. :)

Unknown said...

Um what an AWESOME and fun idea. I hope to do this with a fellow blogger!

Jennifer said...

Such a cute idea! Glad you two had fun! :)

-Jennifer
www.kermit-and-piggy.blogspot.com

Whim Wham Life said...

When I first started blogging, my husband thought I was crazy with all these new "friends" online:-) Such a fun community though! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I've never been on a "blate"! I think I would be nervous too! :)

jessanneharrop said...

Such a fun idea! I would love to go on a "blate"!! :)

alison said...

i've never been on one before, but i live so far away from anyone that i've met in the blogging community so...unless someone is willing to fly down (we DO have GORGEOUS sugar white beaches here!) or drive several hours! ;)

Megan said...

Y'all are so cute!! I love when blates go smoothly! I've only been on two, but they were both fabulous!

Katie said...

So cute! I love blates...I've only been on a few but they are seriously like catching up with old friends!

A Brew of Blessings said...

So jealous of you two :)

Erin said...

Aww- I loved our blate! Sorry I'm sooo behind on your blog, but just know we MUST plan another one soon!! :)