Thursday, August 4, 2011

Crock Pot Cake!

Okay get ready for something new. You are probably thinking um cake...in a crock pot? I was too, but I was anxious to test it out. I got this amazing idea from a cookbook I bought randomly at Half Price Books.
It has recipes for all kinds of crock pot creations from oatmeal and casseroles to cakes and cobbler. Are you ready for the crock pot cake recipe?
Here is what you will need for Chocolate Pudding cake:
*1 package of chocolate cake mix
 *9 oz. package instant chocolate pudding mix
*2 cups (16 oz.) sour cream
*4 eggs
*1 cup water
*3/4 cup oil
*1 cup (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
*Optional: whip cream/ice cream

Step 1-Combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, water, and oil in electric mixer bowl. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
Step 2-Grease crock pot and lightly coat with flour. Add mixture to crock pot, cover and cook on Low for 6 hours or on High for 3-4 hours or until toothpick comes out clean from center.
 Step 3-Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Let me know what you think if you try this out!

9 comments:

Sam W. said...

oh man. YUM!! this sounds so good.

Alyssa said...

My mom has that cookbook-but we've never made a cake from it! I'll have to pass on the suggestion-looks good!

Allison said...

Sounds amazing! I want to get that book.

Trish said...

oh wow. that sounds good...i'm surprised!
thanks for sharing!

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, this is SO cool!! Was it delicious?!

Laura Darling said...

My mom has this cookbook too but we've never done the cake recipe! May have to try it now that I see how good it looks!

Tatiana said...

This does look delicious! This may actually make my lazy food list :-) Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us girly :-)

That's Ron said...

nice recipe!

Chelsea said...

That is so weird! Ha ha. I'm totally going to try it, though. I hate heating my house up with the stove in the summer . . . so a croc pot cake would be perfect!