Monday, January 23, 2012

11 Things you should probably know...

There's a game making its way around the blogosphere and I have been loving learning more about some of my favorite bloggers. Now it's my turn...

Here are the rules...List 11 random facts about yourself. Answer the questions provided to you. Come up with different questions, then tag 11 people to do it, too.

So here you go...11 random facts about mwah:
1. If you read my blog you already know that I'm obsessed with my cats and have been known to drop everything for lost animals
2. I eat Nutella by the spoonful
3. My husband thanks Pioneer woman for my new found love of cooking
4. I wish I could Rollerblade as well as I could when I was 10. When I was younger my friends and I sold handmade bracelets so that we could buy costumes and put on a skating show in our neighborhood (complete with choreography, clip on earrings and music). Oh and it's on video.
5. I have watched Survivor since it started oh TEN years ago and i don't plan on stopping. My best friend would come over every Thursday and we would watch Survivor and eat Subway with my family. Our favorite episodes were the finale because we were allowed to have a sleepover on a school night! Oh the good old days!
6.  I love reading and I am in a book club. We call ourselves The Finer Things Club (if you are a fan of the Office you might understand the reference). Some of my favorites are The Help, Redeeming Love, Crazy Love, The Forgotten Garden and The Secret Life of Bees.
7. Hubby and I have Chipotle EVERY Monday. It's the perfect way to start the week because Mondays are my least favorite day (except for when it is Bachelor/Bachelorette season...guilty pleasure)
8. I have a routine when I brush my teeth and when I shower and if I do things out of order I feel weird. *Wet tooth brush, put on toothpaste, re-wet toothbrush...I promise I'm not OCD.
9. I love working with kids and when I'm not teaching I am a camp counselor at the Cincinnati Nature center (which also tells you I love anything outdoorsy!)
10. I started dating my now hubby at age 16! I thank Jesus everyday for this man!
11. I click my teeth while I sleep...my husband informed me of this habit and my dentist confirmed it. I have to wear a mouth guard while I sleep so I don't click click click...I also drool making me a very attractive person to sleep next to at night! Haha.


Okay now for Julie's 11 questions...
1. What's your favorite TV show? We will go with my current favorite...White Collar
2. Who would play you in a movie? Oh my this is tough...but because of my pale skin, blue eyes and freckles I think Emma Stone would do a good job.
3. If you could pay someone to do one service for you for the rest of your life, what would it be? I would pay someone to vacuum...I've always hated that chore, my mom can vouch for that one! Strangely I'd rather clean the bathroom. Weird I know.
4. What's your favorite store to shop at? I love the LOFT. They also give a nice teacher discount...definite plus!
5. What's your most embarrassing moment? Last summer I went to an annual event in my city called Taste of Cincinnati with my hubby and a group of friends. I wore a brown flowy skirt and I pulled a Marilyn Monroe only it wasn't quite so sexy. We walked around and had to walk over some grates...little did I know air was bursting up out of them and when I walked over  my skirt went over my head. Oh joy...at least my underwear was cute that day.
6. If you could only have one gadget, what would it be? My camera...it's attached to my hand or at least my husband thinks so. :)
7. What's your dream job? I would love to just craft and plan all day long...so maybe a party planner?
8. What's the best thing that happened to you in 2011? I started this here blog and met all of you!
9. Who was your first crush? The first boy I wrote in my diary about was Tommy Stranko in Grade 3. I cut out his team football picture from the newspaper and stuck it in my diary. It's probably still there. Ha.
10. What's your guiltiest pleasure? As mentioned above...watching and enjoying every second of the drama on the Bachelor/Bachelorette
11. If you could date one Hollywood hunk, who would it be? Hmmm...actually I wouldn't trade my hubby for any Hollywood hunk so I'm going to happily decline.

Thanks for tagging me Julie...
Now I'm tagging these lovely ladies...
1. Carrie @ Life of the Liles
2. Courtney @ Dress up and Twirl
3. Emily @ Hope Squared
4. Meg @ Henning Love
6. Emily @ Meme-and-he
7. Bon bon @ The Whim Wham Life

Here are my 11 questions...
1. If you had to choose between a burger or a slice of pizza, which would you choose?
2. What is your favorite cartoon character?
3. Would you rather be at home in sweatpants or out on the town looking snazzy?
4. Which do you prefer kittens or puppies? (Tough one I know!)
5. Have you ever eaten or heard of Skyline Chili?
6. If you could pick one band to write the soundtrack of your life who would it be?
8. If you could get a free subscription to any magazine, which one would it be?
9. Would you rather live near the mountains or near the beach?
10. What is the best meal/recipe you've ever made?
11. What is your favorite holiday?

11 comments:

Natalie said...

Thanks Allison!

Emily said...

You know what's funny - I have this post scheduled for tomorrow. I saw it on another blog but wasn't tagged but really thought I should share some info about myself. I think I'll have to adjust the post and answer your awesome questions. Thanks for the lovely tag lady!!!

TiffanyClark said...

Loved this post! I can relate to a lot of it! 2. LOVE Nutella. 3. LOVE Pioneer Woman 4. Definitely remember doing this same kind of thing with the neighborhood girls. We would make up routines in my garage. 7. LOVE chipotle. We usually have it every other weekend. 8. I have the same tooth brush habit..don't worry, you're not OCD :) Have a wonderful week! It should be, you had Chipotle tonight!

Janell Happ said...

Love your randoms, Allison! Lovin' your book club name, too. I am a HUGE Office fan

Allison said...

Haha, I have so many comments to this post! We have so much in common besides our names!! The thing that sticks out the most is the toothbrush wetting, applying, wetting again thing! I love the Bachelor as well and am so excited about Emily being the next Bachelorette! Thank you for entering my giveaway!!

Sophie said...

haha i eat nutella by the spoonful too! its way too good xx

courtney said...

aww thanks allison!! and i would LOVE to double date soon... maybe sometime in february or early march? you all could come to our place this time!

Amanda said...

I love the book club, too cook. The Help would've been a great movie to go see as a group. Neat that you and your husband go ti Chipotle every Monday.

Amanda said...

AH! How did I miss the picture of Ree, PW?! I LOVE her and my fiancé absolutely loves the fact that I love cooking now because of her cook book. Confession : I never cooked anything in my life until last year when I was 23 and I started with her cook book. I DVR all her shows on Food Network but haven't watched them yet.

Tatiana said...

I can't believe you met Ree! How awesome is that!
And really, nutella and I go way back. I was eating that stuff by the spoonfuls before I even made it out of diapers. Haha.
Thanks for tagging me girly :-)

Lauren Leggatt said...

thought you should know, i adore your blog! your header is so pretty! :)