Monday, January 14, 2013

3 Birthdays and a Baby Shower

This weekend was all about celebrating. My father in law, husband and Mom all have birthdays back to back to back, which makes for one tired daughter in law/wife/daughter! Seriously, I'm exhausted...and a little sick of birthday cake, but I love these people so much and wanted them all to feel special on their day.

Friday: We celebrated my husband's 29th birthday at Brew River Gastro Pub. He actually heard about it in Cincinnati Magazine and knew that was where he wanted to celebrate. It has a pub atmosphere, but they have their own chef and the food was top notch. We had a great time!
Saturday: I woke up early and made Drew Birthday pancakes. These are now officially a birthday tradition. Then I picked up my mom and grandma and we headed to my best friend's Baby shower. Her nursery theme is owls, which was carried over into the shower decorations. So cute! Saturday night I was beat so I caught up on Downton Abbey, baked a cake and worked on orders for my Etsy shop.
Sunday: Church and a birthday lunch with my family to celebrate my mom, grandma and Drew. We tried out a new restaurant, which was delicious and I made PW's Strawberry Shortcake cake for dessert. Honestly I've never had a better cake in my life. It's that good. PW knows how to make a cake. (Even if it did take me hours to make...it was totally worth it!)

I hope your weekend was fantastic!

16 comments:

Betty said...

Wow! So many fun celebrations! BTW, I've been hearing good things about the PW's strawberry shortcake from quite a few friends...I must try this recipe!

Sarah said...

I haven't heard of Brew River...where is it?

I've made that cake before...SO good!

Erin said...

Such a fun weekend of LOTS of celebrating! They are exhausting though too ;) If I was adventurous I'd try that strawberry shortcake recipe, but I'm just not the baker haha!

Megan said...

Wow, talk about a busy weekend!! You look so cute and I bet that cake was AMAZING!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend full of celebrations! (p.s. I love the owl theme baby shower idea!)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

What a fun weekend! You got so many great pics. And how cute are you making birthday pancakes?! Happy birthday to him!

And the showers looks adorable too!

Thanks for linking up :)

meme-and-he said...

I am loving all of your high-waisted outfits!

alison said...

birthday pancakes? i'm liking that idea! happy birthday to all your people :)

Jess said...

girl you partied it up this weekend, haha :)
You look gorgeous in that color blue, by the way!

Hope you have a wonderful week!
xo

Anonymous said...

Pub birthdays and cupcakes sound awesome!!

Kira said...

I'm a big fan of birthdays because it usually means good food. Sounds like that is the case in your family too :)

Unknown said...

Gimmee that cupcake!!!!

Rach said...

Aww, fun celebrations! :)

DC in STYLE said...

Sounds like so much fun!!!
Elena
http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

Devon said...

What a weekend! Way to celebrate in style, though. Sending happy birthday wishes to all your family members who are now a year older =)

Katie said...

What a fun, full weekend! I've been eying that PW recipe forever...and now you've got me reallly considering it!