Monday, May 6, 2013

Celebrating birthdays, horses and Mexico

This weekend was all about celebrating. Celebrating the birthdays of two of my friends, celebrating horses and all things Southern and then celebrating Cinco de Mayo. I think I need a day off just to recover and come down off my sugar high.
Friday was National Founder's day at Frisch's so if you dressed up like the Frisch's Big Boy you got free food. Drew was all over that one since he was Big Boy last year for Halloween. Then my friend Betsy got into town and we went out and celebrated our friend Nate's birthday at Washington Platform downtown.
Saturday was our 2nd annual Derby party. We had such an amazing evening...hats, mint juleps and all, but I'll save the details for another post!
Sunday we went to church and then out to one of my favorite Mexican spots to partake in the Cinco de Mayo fun. Then my friend Betsy headed back to Indiana, which meant sweat pants, grading papers and leftover Derby pie for dinner.
What did you celebrate this weekend??

14 comments:

Katie said...

can't wait for details of your derby party! that picture of you and the girls is adorable!!! what a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love your derby outfit. Can't wait to hear more about your derby party!

Because Shanna Said So said...

Wow!!! What an epic weekend!!! Look how cute you were in that dress and derby hat!!Can't wait for the details on the party!!! Too fun!

Sally said...

Love your derby outfit! I need to have a derby party next year.

My husband's bday is Cinco de Mayo....best bday ever, I would say!

Britt and Hive said...

I now need to have a derby party.
I cannot wait to see what on earth you do at one, so I can replicate.

juleps and all.

Kira said...

Your derby party looks super fun, can't wait to hear about it!

Laura Darling said...

Looks like you had a fantastic weekend! I love the outfits and hats! :)

Susannah said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! I want to throw a Derby party next year so badly! :-)

Ashley said...

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your Derby party! So glad you had a fun weekend celebrating!

henning love said...

i love your dress and hat allison you wore on saturday! it is super cute on you. i did nothing either derby or cinco de mayo related, major fail!

jamiedawn said...

that photo of all the girls just having fun is soo adorable!

Betty said...

Oh my goodness..looks like such a fun weekend! I can't wait for the Derby photos and recap! :)

Erin said...

I know you've probably told me, but I need to know your favorite Mexican spot so I can come try it out!! :)

Katie said...

BIG BOY! I love big boy haha. I have no idea why but I do. My mom has 3 vintage big boy figures in our kitchen actually. ANYWAY.

I'm glad you had a great weekend. I didn't have any mexican food to celebrate cinco de mayo so that is a little disappointing but overall my weekend was good too :)