Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Strawberry Bruschetta Recipe


I don't know about you, but I have been popping strawberries like candy. The taste of a strawberry in the summertime just can't be beat, which is why I am sharing this recipe with you. This recipe is incredible. It is refreshing and so easy to make.

Ingredients: (Serves 6-8)
2 cups strawberries (hulled and chopped)
1 Tbsp. Basil (chopped)
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Balsamic
Pinch of Salt
Ground Pepper (to taste)
French Baguette
Steps:
1. Hull and cut up the strawberries. To hull the strawberries I used a straw and it worked like a charm.
2. Put the strawberries, chopped basil, EVOO, Balsamic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and toss. Cover and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.
3. Cut up baguette and lay out on a baking sheet. Toast on each side for 5-7 minutes.
4. Top toasted bread with strawberry mixture and then just try to stop yourself for going back for more!

Original recipe from here.
Similar recipe (add goat cheese) right here.

13 comments:

Sarah said...

YUM! And I've tried the straw tip but I need to!

Erin LFF said...

Yummmmm! I have strawberries in my lunch today, but eating them this way sounds way more fun! :) I've never tried that straw trick either- smart!!

Carrie said...

I have NEVER tried the straw trick... Now I will have to. (Seems too easy to be true!). I love bruschetta so I def. need to try this!

Susannah said...

Oh my goodness! This sounds fabulous! :-)

Katie said...

those look so good!! I just bought a bunch of strawberries and want to make this!!

A Brew of Blessings said...

Get out!? This looks amazing!!! Trying this out stat!

Ps. We really need that Skype date to catch up soon! Also, need your address because something might be headed your way in the mail xx

Missy Minicucci | The Rinfret Group said...

Oh yes, I'm so excited I found your blog. Your recipes look delish and I can't wait to try them! You're newest follower!

Rach said...

This looks delicious and so summery!

Lexilooo said...

this is the third time today I've seen this recipe! I am having a stelle & dot party next month, and I must make these for it!

NanaDiana said...

OMGoodness- That sounds absolutely wonderful- I think I am hungry now- xo Diana

Because Shanna Said So said...

Shut your mouth!!! I am sooooo pinning this right now!! I must make this ASAP...mouth is watering now!! ;)

Melissa @ Amelia Lane said...

Totally pinning this! My husband will go nuts! Thanks for sharing! :o)

Unknown said...

Yummy! What a fabulous idea!