Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Full weekend, full heart {Memorial Day Weekend 2015}

This weekend was full of family and full of fun. It was a sweet one and thankfully a long one! While I did enjoy an extra day off work, I do not take my freedom lightly and am so thankful to all who have gone before me and continue to pave the way for us to enjoy the freedoms we do...
Friday afternoon my sister came in town and since it was a gorgeous day we took Aiden on a walk in to our  downtown area to our local coffee shop. We sat outside and caught up on some sister talk.
Friday night my sister, Mom and I worked on some shower prep for my cousin's bridal shower Saturday and my Dad and brother joined us for a pizza break on our back patio. It was our first outdoor meal of the season at our house and Aiden ate with us too (sweet potato instead of pizza though).
Saturday my Mom, sister and I hosted a shower for my cousin, Shirley who is getting married in August. We had a lovely day, but that deserves a post of it's own. I just love my curly haired cousins.
Sunday my sister in law and brother in law had us over for a cookout. Aiden played in his pool turned ball pit and we sipped on drinks and chatted on their patio.
The faces we make to get a baby to laugh are priceless!
Monday Drew and I took Aiden to the zoo for the first time. It was overcast and scattered showers were in the forecast so it wasn't very crowded at all. We had a great time and Aiden did too.
We were all exhausted after our big weekend so we ended our weekend with a movie and family nap on the pullout couch. The cats even joined in. Bring on a short work week!

5 comments:

Anne said...

Wasn't it a great weekend around here? Even the overcast day yesterday was kind of nice to have a cooler break - perfect use of it to make a first trip to the zoo! And I love this outdoor eating, Aiden included :)

lori said...

looks like a great weekend! love the picture of you and your curly headed cousins, gorgeous!

and the ball pit was always a favorite around here... i broke it out for our cookout with friends yesterday and carter STILL loved it!

Brittany said...

No better way to spend a weekend than jam-packed with family time! Can't wait to see more about the bridal shower!

Rach said...

So much curly hair! I love that shot of you ladies! Looks like the whole family had a great time together!

Kayla MKOY said...

A day at the zoo sounds amazing... I'm glad it wasn't crowded! SO MUCH curly hair in that cousins picture! :) I love it! Can't wait to see more on the shower!