Sunday, February 13, 2011

Celebrating the LOVE month

How clever is this?? Use a stencil to make your cookies even cuter!
I am one of those people who has always loved Valentine's Day. Always have. Always will. I love the colors, the sweets and the fact that most people take this day to express their feelings to their loved ones.  I get that we should do that every day, but I think Valentine's day is just a little reminder to me of how blessed I am to have so many people who love me!  I think my love of Valentine's day comes from how I was raised. My parents went all out every Valentine's Day when we were kids. When I was growing up Valentine's Day wasn't singles awareness day or I hate love day it was just about celebrating love.  My parents would always get my sister, brother and I fun cards, a present and of course chocolate. We would go out on dates for Valentine's day and since then I have been in love with the holiday.  It makes me sad that so many people hate it.
Aren't they precious???

All of my kindergarten students absolutely LOVE Valentines day.  Why? Because every one in the class gets and gives Valentines to every other person. No one is left out, every one is included and made to feel very special.  I wish it could stay that way.  My mom was telling me about a co-worker of hers who hates Valentine's day..so my mom decided to change her mind. Anonymously each day for the past week, my mom has been leaving goodies on this woman's desk.  My mom has loved watching this woman's attitude change as she gets excited about receiving something from someone who cares about her.  I want to be like my mom and make someone's Valentine's day better.  As corny as it sounds, Let's share the love this Valentine's day.

No comments: