Friday, April 3, 2015

A Family First

This week my husband has been on Spring break so we tried to plan a few fun little family day outings. First priority was getting in a hike because that is something that both Drew and I enjoy doing. Our original plan was to make a day trip to a State park about an hour away, but that fell through when we had to take Aiden to the doctor instead and discovered he had a respiratory virus. Since he didn't have a fever and was still acting fine we decided to hike at one of our favorite local places, The Cincinnati Nature Center. Drew and I both served as Camp Counselors there so we know the trails pretty well. We put Aiden in our new Ergo360 and headed out.
Please take note of Aiden's adorable hiking boots and also the smile on his face. He is bound to be a nature boy!
Spring is finally creeping it's glorious roots into Cincinnati!
This is the first of many rocks that these two are going to flip over together searching for little creatures. And yes this Mama joins in on the flipping over of rocks and the catching of tiny creatures. Except for snakes, that is all my husband. These pictures make my heart happy.
I can't wait for more hikes with these two!

10 comments:

Kayla MKOY said...

That's one of my favorite places on earth. I grew up going there almost weekly with my Nanny (grandma) and have pictures flipping over rocks like that! So neat. I'm so glad he was feeling alright despite his sickness. Yay! Glad you guys could make a day out of it. Also? The baby sunglasses are just too cute!!

Devon said...

I like thinking about you guys flipping over rocks together searching for things as a metaphor too. I'm happy spring has found her way to you. Hope Aiden is feeling better! Looks like the perfect family outing!

Leigh said...

Looks like a fun hike and beautiful weather! My husband was off too but the weather wasn't very nice here for us to get out

Becky said...

Awww Aiden's little hiking shoes!! I'm so glad spring is here and there's nice weather!! :)

The Heart Of A Woman said...

Love this! Yall are such a precious family!

The Lady Okie said...

Super cute! I love his little sunglasses :)

Rach said...

Ahh! Look at the three of you all in your sunglasses! Precious! I love that you guys are sharing your love for hiking with Aiden. No doubt he will grow up to love the outdoors like you both! :)

Brittany said...

I've never been there, believe it or not! It looks gorgeous, though. I can't get over that little smile and his shades in the first picture. I just know he'll be an outdoorsman!

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

What a gorgeous family!! Aiden already LOVES the great outdoors, it's obvious! What a fun family hike.

Erica said...

That looks like such a great time together, sure to be the first of many. Aiden's boots are so sweet!