Thursday, April 30, 2015

Aiden {6 Months}

I officially have a 6 month old. That means Aiden has been our lives for half of a year. I just can't believe it! A few of my friends have had babies recently and Aiden looks huge next to them. It makes me sad, but like I think I've said so far every month...this is such a fun age!!
This month has been full of changes. The biggest change is that Aiden is now sleeping in his crib in his nursery. He transitioned so well...almost too well. I think it was harder on me than on him. I was nervous about putting him in his crib swaddled because he is now rolling over (another first) so I ordered a Baby Merlin's Magic Sleep Suit to help with the transition. He napped in it in his crib the week leading up to us putting him in his crib during the night and I am a believer in the magic of this suit. Aiden no longer needs to be swaddled during naps or night time and continues to be a good sleeper.
People still say he looks like his Daddy (he is wearing his Daddy's overalls from when he was little in these pictures), but Aiden's hair is getting lighter and I'm secretly hoping he will get my curly hair. Time will tell.  
He is still curious about everything!! He is so darn smart. He is now pushing buttons on his Jumper by himself to turn on the music, watching us eat and grabbing for our food and watching things with his inquisitive brow. 
He has taken much more interest in our kitties this month. He follows them around the house with his eyes and grabs at them when they walk by. The cats are in for some "fun" when Aiden is on the move.
He is still a very routine and content little guy.  He loves being outside and the sound of music will cheer him up in an instant if he is fussy. He loves being around people and is all about trying to "talk" to us. I can't wait to hear what he has to say.
A few stats about Aiden at six months:

Weight: We go to the doctor Monday for his 6 month check up so I'll find out then. I'm going to guess 17 pounds.

Height: Official stats to come soon.

Size clothes: He is still in 3-6 month clothes, but is mostly wearing 6 month outfits. He wore his first pair of overalls for this photo shoot and I think I might just dress him in overalls every single day. I mean come on!

Sleeping: He is still sleeping pretty well if you don't count the last few days where he decided to randomly wake up around midnight. He usually sleeps from 8:30 to around 4 then I feed him and he goes back to sleep until around 7. He is sleeping in his crib, which he started doing at the beginning of 5 months, which was perfect for us. 

Eating: He is still getting 100% Mama's milk. Good news for us is that he is not spitting up nearly as much as he once did. He used to constantly have to wear a bib. It was his go to accessory. Now it's a rare thing to have to wear a bib for more than a few minutes. After his 6 month appointment we are going to start real food! I plan on making it myself so please share your favorite recipes!

Random stuff only parents want to know:

Nicknames: Love Bug, Sugar sugar, Peanut head, Stinky and of course Bubba.

Likes: Watching Mom and Dad eat (don't worry baby solids are coming your way soon!), chewing on anything he can get his little hands on, bath time , eating his toes, laughing, scrunching up his face when he smiles, listening to me sing "You Are My Sunshine."

Dislikes: Teething, being a nap skipper.

         One Month Update          Two Month Update         Three Month Update        Four Month Update

Bring on month #7!

12 comments:

Anne said...

Isn't it funny how already he seems huge? Try having one who's a year + six months! I almost accidentally launched my friend's 7-month-old baby across the room when picking her up the other day, she's so light compared to Hendrik :)

I adore him in overalls, and yay for (generally) good crib sleeping! What a sweetie you have.

Brittany said...

I love so much that he's wearing Drew's overalls! SO CUTE! I can't believe he's six months old already!

Kayla MKOY said...

Oh my goodness the overalls are TOO cute!!!!! :) I can't handle it. What a fun age! He's adorable.

k8te said...

what a cutie!! can you believe we have 6 month olds?! i can't! i'm hoping that haze gets my curly hair too! :)

Erin LFF said...

Please dress him in overalls EVERY day :) There is nothing cuter!! 6 months is about the age I finally feel comfortable holding someone's baby and not worrying (as much) that I'm going to break them hehe- so I bet this is my favorite age as well!

purpun said...

He is SO beautiful! And what a little personality he seems to have!

So true how big our six month olds have gotten (overnight, right?). I held a three day old on Monday and it honestly felt like I was holding a little teddy bear.

For solids we've taken a liking to the pre-made organic veggie purees due to convenience and cost (whole organic produce is limited and insanely expensive over here). Happy baby organic Sweet Peas, Green Beans & Spinach, with Quinoa & Chicken Broth, is a staple right now - high in protein and fiber and hardly any sugar compared to most blends. Maybe you could try a variation with those ingredients? We're trying to limit the sweet stuff right now in case Josie's sweet tooth is as big as mine. ;) We are also mashing organic avocado which is a big hit, baked sweet potato is also liked, and I've tried scrambled eggs with a bit of breastmilk which turned out a lot more solid than I had hoped.

We first fed her solids once a day for about four days then upped it to 2x a day in the last three days. She's still breastfeeding as much as ever. Only in the past two days has she actually swallowed a decent portion of what I've put in her mouth. ;) All the best! You and Aiden are gonna love it!

Rach said...

Love that he is wearing Drew's overalls! Adorable!

brittany @ g squared said...

So sweet! I make my own baby food most of the time but Norah could care less about eating most days! I actually feel like it yields so much she will never get through the batches Haha. Aiden is just getting cuter. I love a baby on overalls too!

The Heart Of A Woman said...

I love the overalls! Briley spits up constantly!

Jennifer Prod said...

i've heard good things about the merlin swaddler, and i think i'm about to order one immediately. if you swear by it, then i need it. anything for sleep, right? also - i love how you track month by month with photos - i should come up with something similar. 2 weeks until my month 1 :)

Jennifer Prod said...

i've heard good things about the merlin swaddler, and i think i'm about to order one immediately. if you swear by it, then i need it. anything for sleep, right? also - i love how you track month by month with photos - i should come up with something similar. 2 weeks until my month 1 :)

Susannah said...

He's such a cutie!!! I love that he's a month ahead of Caleb so I can always see what I have to look forward to in the coming month... Although Aiden does sound like he's so much more easy going than Caleb. ;-)