Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Dilly Cafe {Date Night!}

You guys. We went on a date. Just the two of us. So it must be documented! Since Aiden was born we've probably gone on 3 dates so it was time. When you are a new parent you sometimes have to settle for a date night in, but getting out of the house just the two of you is important for your relationship. We decided to explore a part of town we don't normally go to. We made reservations at a cute restaurant that I've been hearing good things about called the Dilly Cafe in Mariemont.
The atmosphere was fun and there was live music too, which was nice. They had a huge beer and wine list so we had fun trying new drinks and browsing their new Spring/Summer menu items. Drew ordered their meatloaf and loved it and I tried their Cauliflower Gnocci with Italian Sausage. Oh my gosh you guys it was one of the best dishes I've eaten in a long time. Y-U-M.
We of course talked about Aiden and might have watched a video of him while we waited for our food. We did talk about other things too, I promise, but we made something pretty great and we are proud parents I tell ya. We were able to just breath and stare into each others eyes without getting distracted by our ridiculously cute son.
After our delicious dinner we walked around the village of Mariemont, people watched, chatted, held hands and ended up getting dessert at Graeters.
It was so nice to spend a few hours just the two of us, but coming home to our sweet baby and being able to sing him to sleep was the perfect ending to a wonderful night.

9 comments:

Anne said...

Yes to the importance of date night - and the deliciousness of Dilly Cafe! We love that place. Their sandwiches are super yummy too, so it's also a great lunch date :) And of course Graeter's, can't go wrong.

Kaity B. said...

Umm...that looks amazing.

The Heart Of A Woman said...

Yall are so cute! A date night sounds incredible! Will I ever get one afain?! I hate pumping so Briley is attached. Even doe doctos appointments! The kid eats every two hours! Haha.

Erin LFF said...

Never heard of this place! Let me just add it to the mile long list of places in the area I need to try ;) So glad you guys got a fun date night out.

Brittany said...

Mariemont is seriously the cutest place on earth. Last time I was there to see a movie in that little indie theater and I couldn't get over the vibe of the place. Glad you were able to enjoy a nice date night!

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

Mmm, the ice cream and the food looks delicious!

I'm so glad you guys got a nice night out together. :)

Care said...

So perfect and so refreshing I am sure:) looks like a fun time!!

Rach said...

Aww so glad you guys made time to go out together just the two of you! You definitely inspire me for when I'm a mom someday. :)

Unknown said...

Yum! Looks like you ordered a heavenly plate of cauliflower gnocci. Of course, I expect nothing less from an awesome foodie like you. The bowls of ice cream that came after the meals look scrumptious as well. Thanks for sharing that, Allison! Here's to more lovely dates to come for you both! Happy eating! :)

Brian Carter @ Restaurant Business Broker