Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Aiden's First Easter

Aiden's first Easter was definitely a special one. Being the typical picture loving gal that I am on top of being a new Mom, this is your warning....this post contains an overload of pictures!

We kicked off our weekend on Saturday by going to lunch with Drew's family at our favorite restaurant, Grand Finale! I ordered their salmon cakes (the best!) and we shared a few desserts because you can't go to Grand Finale and not get their desserts!
After lunch I had to go into church for a few hours to help run the evening Easter services, but Aiden opened his Easter basket (the first of 3) and went on a hike with his Daddy and Aunts and Uncles.
On Sunday we attended an awesome church service as a family and later we headed out to my Aunt and Uncle's farm for more Easter fun.
This year was extra special because Aiden was able to celebrate his first Easter with every single one of his Aunts and Uncles! That's a big feat considering several of them are from out of town. He seriously has the best looking group of Aunts and Uncles around. I mean come on!
Aiden got lots of love and witnessed his crazy family compete in egg and spoon relays, sack races and an Easter egg hunt complete with 20 dollar eggs courtesy of my Aunt Pam. These pictures make me laugh! Adult fun at it's finest. Haha.
I absolutely love seeing Aiden interact with the people I love so much. It is a special time of life and I am trying to soak in every second!
Great Aunt Pam
Uncle Josh and Aunt Carly
Uncle Arjun
Great Grandma JuneBug
What a beautiful day. We have so much to be thankful for if it isn't obvious enough in these pictures. But above all I'm thankful that Jesus is alive and that he cares about every detail of our lives.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter.

10 comments:

Anne said...

Oh my gosh the little man looks so sweet. And the sack race - such fun photos!

Brittany said...

This looks like an absolute blast! How good-looking is your entire family?! He's one lucky boy and can we just talk about that precious hat?!

Kayla MKOY said...

Goodness you guys have so much fun! I love it!!! Aiden is so blessed to have so many awesome aunts and uncles (and amazing parents!!). So happy for you guys! PS your outfit in that last photo is gorgeous!

Mimsie said...

What a great post. So many smiles and fun times as a family. I thought dressing a little girl was fun but those boy clothes! Cardigan with matching boots, fedora for Easter. Just the best.

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

How do you get anything done with that adorable little face around to smile at?? He is sooo cute - his smile warms my heart!

I love the sack races. So fun!

Becky said...

Oh my goodness!! His little outfit and hat!!! I bet he was loving having all the family members around!! :) I bet next year he will be running around with them at the easter egg hunt :)

Leigh said...

What an adorable family you have! I'm not sure if I have said it, but your husband looks like Gus on the tv show Shameless (not sure what his real name is)

sarah e said...

What a fun looking day! And those salmon patties - yum!

Rach said...

How much fun!! I love how you guys play together (the sack race, so fun!). And everyone loving on Aiden... what a great first Easter!

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

Your Easter looks like so much fun, and a lot like ours! We play lots of fun games, take pics, and this time we oogled over three new babies in the family. 2 twins and my nephew! It was so much fun. I lovev your pics!