Monday, May 19, 2014

Pregnancy Files: {How to fake drink at a Bachelorette Party}

After we found out I was pregnant, Drew and I knew we wanted to keep it a secret for a while. At 9 weeks I had a Bachelorette party to go to for one of my best friends and I had to think long and hard about how to hide the fact that I was pregnant while surrounded by alcohol. Here are a few tips to hiding your pregnancy from your girlfriends:
1. Non-alcoholic wine...ARIEL or Target has a brand called FRE
2. If you are out with friends, find a very nice bartender and ask him/her to make you a non-alcoholic drink that looks like the real deal. Soda water, a little cranberry and a lime does the trick nicely.
3. Find a wingman...I told my friend Courtney since we were riding together so she could help cover for me. When we did the champagne toast I knew it would be a dead giveaway if I didn't take champagne so Courtney generously offered to guzzle hers then we switched glasses so I just held the empty glass. Genius right?
4. Don't draw attention to yourself by NOT getting at least one "drink."
5. Play it cool

We had such a fun day celebrating my friend Bekah and I was able to keep my secret. We started off eating outside at one of my favorite places, The Bon Bonerie Cafe. Then we shopped, relaxed in our suite at the Netherland Plaza, had dinner at Anchor and went out on the town. A fun evening!

9 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

I bet those girls were surprised when you did tell them!

Brittany said...

Haha...I love this and I bet a lot of people could benefit from reading this list! It's a great idea to tell the bartender and have him/her in on it with you!

Rach said...

I love your #5 "play it cool" haha! Glad you had fun, girl!

Katie said...

haha so sneaky :)

Anonymous said...

How fun!! What a great weekend with friends and you played it very cool. Great tips! ;) I especially like the idea of having the bartender make you something that looks alcoholic...but isn't.

-Amy

Anonymous said...

I always wonder how people pull it off! Great tips! It looks like you had a lot of fun :)

lauren [lolloped] said...

I wish I had these for when I had to help my friend hide her pregnancy because it was so early. I ended up telling people she was on antibiotics since she said she couldn't lie, haha!

Kayla MKOY said...

You're so sneaky ;) good job haha

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

Hahahaha, this is awesome. Once I just wasn't in the mood to drink while I was out, but I knew my sister would give me a hard time so I asked the bartender for the same thing as you--a sprite with some fruit in it. It definitely fooled everyone. I love this post!