Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pregnancy Files: {Telling my family the news}

Keeping a big life changing secret from my family was so hard so I wanted to make sure the announcement was special. We already had a family trip planned to visit my sister and her husband so I knew that was when I would tell my brother and sister, but I wanted to share it with my parents first. As soon as we saw the heartbeat at my 8 week appointment we picked up dinner and 2 balloons and headed to my parent's house. I held the pink balloon and Drew held the blue balloon and we knocked on the door. When my parents came out we were holding the balloons and they were ecstatic. My mom literally jumped up and down. I am so excited for my parents to be grandparents! Ah!
A few weeks later we took a family trip to South Bend to see my sister and brother in law and that is where we planned to tell the rest of my family.
I requested that my brother in law make us Chinese for dinner because oh my word he cooks the best, most authentic Chinese food ever. He made us Chinese pork chops, egg rolls and bak choy. Little did they know I had a special something for dessert...
All through dinner I was so anxious and as soon as everyone's plate was cleared I passed out the fortune cookies I had bought. I watched as my sister and brother opened their cookies. My brother in law was actually the first to read the message inside, but he waited for my sister and brother to read it themselves before the celebrations began. It was absolutely perfect.
Fortune cookies from: Lucky Girl Fortunes

9 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

So creative!!!! I love how y'all planned every detail!

Becky said...

Finally letting everyone in on the secret must have been so fun! You guys were so creative!! :)

Brittany said...

AHHHH! This is too cute!

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

Ahhhh! I love this SO much. So perfect, Allison! I smiled so big reading this and could feel the excitement. I'm so happy for you and your whole family!

Rach said...

AHH! I love it! This is too cute! Leave it to two teachers to be so creative. ;)

Devon said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you (both)! What a cute way to tell you family (and so sweet that your brother-in-law waited for your sister and brother to find out :)

Lauren Talon said...

So cute! I'm due in October as well :) Can't wait to read more!
Lauren
http://thelifeconcerningus.blogspot.ca/

The Lady Okie said...

That such a cute idea!

Lexilooo said...

seriously cute idea! you're so creative with this, I love it!