Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pregnancy Files: {Telling Drew he was going to be a Dad}

One of my absolute favorite days so far this year was Valentine's Day. I already love the extra excuse to celebrate love, but it is also the day I told Drew he was going to be a Dad. I had taken a positive pregnancy test 2 days earlier and decided to wait to share with him until Valentine's day since we already had a romantic evening planned. We went to dinner and I was so anxious to get home and give him his "Valentine present." You can read about the rest of our evening (minus the pregnancy reveal here)
Earlier that month a local scrapbook store was going out of business so my friend Alison and I spent an afternoon scrapbooking and that's where I created Drew's gift, which I turned into the pregnancy reveal. I decided to make an Adventure book like in the Pixar movie UP that included pictures from all our adventures together. I started with a picture from our wedding day, then our honeymoon and pictures of places we have traveled together and then I ended with a picture of the positive pregnancy test...our next big adventure! He was (and is) so excited to be a Dad!
Then we had to take the typical "yay we're pregnant, here's the stick she peed on to prove it" pictures.
Our current guest room and future nursery of Baby R
It was a very memorable Valentine's day. One that will change our lives forever. XOXO

13 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

This is so creative! I don't think I could have waited! Go you!!!

Erika said...

What a special Valentines day! I actually told my husband that we were expecting baby #2 on Valentines Day as well:)

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

Ahhhhh! That's such an amazing idea. I love it. I'm sure Drew was excited and surprised. I'm still just so so happy for y'all!

Mimsie said...

Love reading your pregnancy posts!!!

Katie said...

i haven't said this yet but i have been reading your posts. congratulations! that is so exciting :)

Allyson McGuire said...

I've been catching up on your last few posts! Congratulations...this was such a cute idea!

Unknown said...

this is SO SO SO cute. i love how you told him. I'm so excited for you!

Karissa
www.karissaandcompany.com

Kayla MKOY said...

THAT IS FREAKING PRECIOUS!!! :) such an amazing idea. I am so happy for the two of you!

A Brew of Blessings said...

This is the best. EEEEEking with excitement for you two right now! :)

Rach said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!! It is so so so sweet that you got to tell him on Valentine's day. That is just too perfect! And I love the way you told him too! So perfect! :)

Brittany said...

That is such a perfect idea. I bet he was SO thrilled! :)

Jessica M. said...

Oh wow that is such a neat idea!! And on a perfect day too!!

Lexilooo said...

perfect!