Friday, May 30, 2014

Raspberry Crisp (The perfect dessert)

You guys, I found the most delicious and easy spring/summer dessert. It is by none other than THE Pioneer Woman herself! I promise this is one of those recipes you will want to pin and make over and over again.

What you need for the berry mixture:
2 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla extract

What you need for the topping:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup oats
1/4 cup chopped Pecans
Dash of Salt
3/4 sticks butter cut into small pieces
Vanilla ice cream

Steps:
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees

Make berry mixture by combining rinsed raspberries, corn starch, 2/3 cups sugar and vanilla in a medium sized bowl. Stir and set aside.
In another bowl combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar, oats, pecans, salt and butter pieces, which will be used for the top of the crisp. Use a pastry cutter to mix ingredients until it is crumbly.
Add the berry mixture to a small pie pan. Sprinkle the crisp topping all over the top until covered evenly.
Bake 25-30 minutes until topping is golden brown. Let dish sit for 10 minutes to cool before serving. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Mmmmm.
For the original recipe, click here!

4 comments:

Kayla MKOY said...

I need to buy her cookbook!! She seems amazing. And yeah, now I'm drooling all over my desk. Yum!!!

Becky said...

This looks delicious!!! I LOVE raspberries :) I may have to get brave and try this for myself!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. This may be kismet, because I was just trying to decide what kind of dessert to do for my mom and Kevin's mom's birthday celebrations this weekend.... Winner.

Looks soooo good!

-Amy

Rach said...

Oh. my. yum.