Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pregnancy Files {The Bump Week 40!}

 {Sorry for two bump posts in a row, but I'm kind of over them and wanted to hit publish.}

So I did it. I somehow managed to take a bump picture every week. They may not have all been taken with a quality camera, the last few weeks I could only manage fuzzy iPhone pictures, but hey, it's documented. Thanks to all of you who have stuck around to read my pregnancy posts and make sweet comments along the way. I can't wait to be able to share pictures of Aiden with you, but he has yet to make his debut! I'm praying contractions start soon...like while I'm typing this post. Who prays for contractions? Haha.

Best moment this week: So many people have told me that they went into labor after eating Bang Bang shrimp at Bonefish Grill. I love Bang Bang Shrimp so didn't need any other reason than possibly bringing on labor to go and give this theory a try. Our waiter asked me when I was due and I said casually, "today." He couldn't believe it and was so incredibly sweet. He ended up treating us to dessert and comped it "due date."

Food cravings: Anything with sugar...Nutella by the spoonful has been doing it for me lately.

Movement: He has been moving around a ton. The doctor's say he is about 6 pounds 12 ounces right now and I am guessing his living quarters are getting a little cramped.

Symptoms: Definitely crampy and achy. I love fall, but putting on boots has been a real challenge. Drew has been helping me, but when he's not around it feels like every time I pull on a boot I'm going to go into labor. I would actually welcome that at this point...

Nursery: A little sneak peek above. It's all finished minus hanging a few things on the walls. I have a nursery tour post drafted in my drafts folder...someday it will make it out there.

Prayer for Baby:
Dear Aiden,
There have been a few perks to you not being born on your actual due date. 1.) Your Dad and I have gotten a few extra date nights in. One included free dessert, 2.) I'm now on page 700 of the 5th Harry Potter book, 3.) I feel especially loved because someone is constantly calling or texting to check on me and see if you have entered the world yet. While it is nice to still feel you moving around inside me I really, really want to see your little face. Please come soon. Tonight would be nice.
Love,
Your Mama

Dear Lord,
This week has been tough on me. More than I thought it would be. I've been super emotional in our chats together, but know you have this all under control. I know you know how badly I want to meet Aiden, but I also trust you completely. Thank you for allowing songs to come on that you know I need to hear at just the right moment. My song of the moment..."I surrender all." I surrender to you my anxiousness, I surrender to you my body and little Aiden. Thank you for taking care of us and meeting me where I am. Amen.

Psalm 37:7
"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him."
          Week 14 Bumpdate                          Week 15 Bumpdate                          Week 16 Bumpdate 
         Week 17 Bumpdate                          Week 18 Bumpdate                          Week 19 Bumpdate 
    Week 20 Bumpdate                          Week 21 Bumpdate                          Week 22 Bumpdate 
    Week 23 Bumpdate                          Week 24 Bumpdate                          Week 25 Bumpdate
    Week 26 Bumpdate                          Week 27 Bumpdate                          Week 28 Bumpdate
    Week 29 Bumpdate                          Week 30 Bumpdate                          Week 31 Bumpdate
Week 32 Bumpdate                          Week 33 Bumpdate                          Week 34 Bumpdate
Week 35 Bumpdate                          Week 36 Bumpdate                          Week 37 Bumpdate
Week 38 Bumpdate                          Week 39 Bumpdate                          Week 40 Bumpdate

11 comments:

Anne said...

You've done such a good job baking that little bun! He just wants to get a little more done, I guess :) Or let you finish Harry Potter.

You'll be so glad you did these bump photos - aren't they so fun to look at all together? Great collage to put in a baby book. And the nursery!! Adorable and can't wait to see the rest. Little boy stuff is the best.

Brittany said...

That's so cute that the waiter gave you free dessert! What a guy.

Kaity B. said...

Yay for Harry Potter and free dessert! :)

Katie said...

yeah!! can't even wait to hear the news and "meet" him!!

Leigh said...

Ah, hope he makes his debut soon! And can't wait to see the rest of your nursery :)

Rach said...

I love what I can see of the nursery! His crib is so cute! :) Praying that he arrives soon! And that the deliver is quick and easy. :)

Rachel Zimm said...

Yay!! All of your photos have been so beautiful!
I pray you have an easy delivery, and soon :)
You have such amazing days to come :)

Becky said...

I hope you have a scrapbook or photo book of all your bump pictures because they are all so adorable!!! I'm glad you've at least made a lot of progress in Harry Potter! :) Hoping he comes soon!!!!

The Lady Okie said...

Oh man oh man. 40 weeks! Did you ever think the day would come? Praying for you and the little guy!

The Heart Of A Woman said...

You inspire me! I love the way you pray for aiden

Shelley said...

i've loved your weekly posts. hopefully aiden makes his debut soon (if it's not happening now) can't wait to "meet" your little man!