Monday, April 8, 2013

A life snapshot...

This picture describes where Drew and I are in life right now...comfortable and complete. We are happily married, but we are not at the place where we are ready to add to our family just yet. I know that time will come and we will be over the moon when it does, but right now we are happy just the two of us...excuse me the four of us. We love our quiet nights at home cuddled on the couch with our cats and bowls of ice cream, we love picking up and going on day hikes just because, we love beer/wine tasting and random game nights with our friends, we love cooking and doing house projects together, we love it being just us. While we are so exited for our family to grow one day and for our house to be filled with baby sounds, we are content right now and are waiting until we both feel it's the right time for US. All of our friends are having babies and people ask us why we don't have kids. We simply smile and say we will someday, but just not yet. I don't know when our "someday" will be. It could be next month or next year, but whenever it is I know it will be the perfect time for us according to God's plan. So for now I wanted to capture a small life snapshot of life the way we know it right now.

15 comments:

Betty said...

I love this post. It's so great to live and be content in the moment!!

Erin said...

Allison, you are just the best!! This is so us right now! Sometimes I get panicky, because everyone else is having kids and I know we aren't ready quite yet. These years of just being a couple and not a 'family' are going to be so cherished!:)

Melissa said...

Amen! Randy and I hear that question all of the time. I understand that people want to be happy for us, but it can get obnoxious!

Brittany Kyte said...

Yes!! I can totally relate! Husband and I are really learning to enjoy and soak in these moments with just the two of us.

Devon said...

I think it's so important to be happy with what you have in the present and take time to enjoy each other. A lot of people (myself included), can be guilty of too much forward thinking. It's nice to read about how you are perfectly content with what you have here and now.

Katie said...

what a great place to be! i wouldn't trade our many first years married alone together - it was wonderful!

Clare said...

Great post! It's so nice when we can be happy with our lives exactly as they are in this stage of life. My husband and I feel the same way right now! Cheers!

Katie said...

mhmm I love this. A good reminder of the sweetness of 'just the two of us'!

NanaDiana said...

YOU are a smart cookie! xo Diana

Courtney said...

couldnt have said it better myself sister!

lauren [lolloped] said...

I love this! This is exactly how I would want my life with my future husband to be :)

Dori said...

:)

Rach said...

Love this! Totally relate! This August will mark five years of marriage for us and we dated four years before that so people are always surprised that we still don't have kids. But there are just so many things we want to do in this chapter of our lives together before we begin the next one. :)

Ashleigh said...

I love this sweet little reminder...I am glad you all are happy with life as it is for the time being :)

The Lady Okie said...

I love this! I can definitely relate. This is me right now. Except without the pet :)