Thursday, April 18, 2013

Dinner: A Love Story [Cookbook Review+Recipes]

About a month ago I was looking for a new cookbook to try some recipes out of and I stumbled on Dinner: A Love story by Jenny Rosenstrach, which is both a blog and book. I picked up a copy of the cookbook at the library and it is one I will definitely be adding to my collection.

One thing that always draws me into a cookbook is the story behind it. The recipes are important too, but I love when I can combine my love of reading with my love of cooking. It just makes it so much more fun. Jenny is a mom who is determined to cook dinner for her family every night. She believes in the importance of family dinner at the table and her cookbook provides simple, yet delicious recipes that can make this possible for any family! Even though I don't have kids of my own yet, my husband and I both work full time and share Jenny's desire to eat dinner together at the dinner table as much as we can! I pulled out recipes from this cookbook to try and I loved every one that I made from Swedish meatballs to Pan Fried pizza. A few that I enjoyed from her cookbook can also be found on her blog if you want to try them out!

Baked Sausage with Apples and Onions
Swedish Meatballs 
Quinoa with Fried Egg

The recipes I share with you over the next week or two will all be from this cookbook. Stay tuned...

And I'm looking for another cookbook to review...any suggestions?!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

You have to get a copy of Shuana Niequist's newest book, "Bread and Wine." It's awesome!

Kristen said...

You know I share a love for cooking and you definitely didn't steer me wrong with the Pioneer Woman so this gets me super amped!! I definitely trust your recommendation!! :) Gotta check this out! Gratzi!!!

NanaDiana said...

I love to "read" cookbooks as much as I enjoy using them. This sounds like a good one- xo Diana

Devon said...

So glad to hear you loved this (cook)book. The family I nanny for swears by it and I've checked out their blog a bit and enjoyed my time there. Does it have a fair amount of things that are or can be made vegetarian?

Rach said...

The cover of the cookbook is so super cute. I love that! The recipes sound delicious too! Thanks for the review. :) Looking forward to seeing the recipes you make from it!

Betty said...

I have to get this book! If you haven't heard of it yet, you should check out "The Smitten Kitchen"...she also has a blog. Love her recipes.

Kelly said...

That is exactly the kind of cookbook I would soak up! Going to keep my eyes peeled for a cheap copy or see if my library has it. Thanks for sharing.