Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Things blogging has taught me...

Dress: Old Navy (exact), Belt: Old Navy (exact), Scarf: Old Navy, Shoes: H&M
I've been thinking lately about all the things I've done, tried or learned just because of blogging. If you didn't already know, I absolutely love blogging and all of you. Just had to throw that out there.
Here are just a few things blogging has taught me...

I've learned how to dress and have even attempted a few style posts thanks to my bloggy friend-spirations: Shanna, Mo and Katie. You girls make me want to style my outfits and then take pictures. I never ever thought I would do that so cheers to you.

I've learned where to shop...some of my favorite Etsy shops belong to some of you! I even started my own Etsy shop because it seemed like every blogger needed a shop of their own. Why not?

I've learned how to do my hair...I honestly did not know how to handle my curly hair before some of the tips I've found from bloggers. I'm still working on it, but I've made progress!

I've learned that you can be close friends with someone you've never "met" in the real world.

I've learned how to use Polyvore, photo editing websites and even a little HTML code.

I've learned that I have a little bit of luck..I've won some pretty awesome things from generous giveaways including a Pampered Chef ChopChop, an amazing necklace from Shabby Apple, an adorable clutch, headband, ring and earrings from Whimsy Lane and my new favorite headband from SWeetness a boos!

I've learned that it's okay to snap pictures of every single meal I make...I did it before, but now I have a reason for doing it!

I've learned that people I love in blog world I also love in "real life."(Erin, Julie, Katie, Anne, Sarah, Jax, Courtney)

I've learned that blogging keeps me accountable and motivated. It helps me plan my meals each week and then actually go through with cooking them. And after writing out goals you all make me want to accomplish the goals I wrote down on my list so I don't look like a failure.

I've learned that some of the sweetest girls in the world are bloggers. Whenever I'm out somewhere I always look at people and wonder...do they have a blog? Haha. End sappy post about how much I absolutely love blogging!

19 comments:

Heather @ From Here to There said...

I feel the exact same way! Blogging has become so much more than I expected it to be in my life! :)

Courtney said...

so glad blogging brought us closer together in the real world! haha :)

Katie said...

so many good things!! i agree - what a blessing blogging and friends can be! I had no idea! and I LOVE your outfit - pattern mixing success! you look so cute!

Anonymous said...

I've done the same thing while I'm out... looking at people and wondering if they have a blog. Haha!

P.s. Love your Easter outfit!

According to Jax said...

Thanks for the shout out! I love you tooooo!! Bloggers are the best! :)

lori said...

i love this! and so true... i like to think i am a better, more stylish person thanks to blogging as well ;)

Melissa said...

Great post! Blogging has definitely become more to me than I thought it would!

Lauren said...

I love this!!! :) Your outfit is so cute!!!

xo

meme-and-he said...

LOVE this post. There are definitely times when I sit back and start to think, "now why I am doing all of this?" and I have to get back to the root of it all. I, too, have connected with some amazing people, been inspired by all kinds of things, and continue to come back each day because of people like you! Its an amazing and weird world...one I never dreamed I would be a part of, but I love it!

Shio Waline said...

This is too cute! I loved reading all that you learned from blogging, and agreed with most! And WOW!! You've won a bunch of stuff!! You are one lucky penny ;) And thanks friend, I adore you and your blog and glad we met!! :)

xoxo,
Shio

Rach said...

Aww, I'm with you! Blogging is so great! I especially love all the relationships I've found from blogging. You're so right - these are just as real friendships as in-person friendships. :)

Brittany Kyte said...

I agree! I think some of the sweetest people in the world ARE bloggers! Blogging is such a great community! I love following you, Allison!

A Brew of Blessings said...

I love that you blog too :) I also love that Easter outfit combo! AND I love our 'blates"!

Amanda said...

I love blogging too! I always took pictures of my meals before, but you're right! I'm glad I have a place to put them :)

Betty said...

Yay for blogging!! I love it too. (Which you probably already know!). :)

Susannah said...

It's so true! Blogging really does do so much good! Thanks for sharing the good you've seen it do in your life. :-)

Courtney B said...

Amen!! I love this post! Blogging really is so beneficial to our lives! I definitely think the positives outweigh the negatives by a LONG shot!

Kelly said...

I SO agree with all of this! :)

Katie said...

Right?! Who knew blogging could be so educational? You've made me even toy around with opening an etsy shop...