Monday, April 15, 2013

Flying solo...

This weekend Drew was gone on a camping trip so I was flying solo...
Friday night my friend Bekah came over after work to keep me company. We drank wine, ate snacks and stayed up talking until 1 am.
Saturday morning I went to brunch with my Mom. We had delicious food and then took a nice walk at the park with our little dog, Max. Then we headed to Trader Joe's and our favorite market place. I found a few succulents at Trader Joe's (thanks for the tip Clare) to spruce up my ladder shelf and then I found these adorable birds at the market. I love how they look on the shelves.
Sunday I went to church and then rushed home to give my grizzly, mountain-man-looking husband a huge hug. I spent the rest of the evening hearing about his camping adventures. We might have even had ice cream for dinner. I miss this man while he's gone.

How was your weekend??

14 comments:

Betty said...

The succulents look great! They are my most favorite indoor plants (and usually the hardest for me to kill!). :)

R's Rue said...

Sounds like a great weekend!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Adrienne said...

What an awesome weekend!

My hubs will be gone for 2 weeks in May (at different times though), so you've given me some good ideas for when he is! :)

Unknown said...

Mmm... Cupcake wine is always so good. :)

Clare said...

YAY! You found the succulents and they look awesome on your ladder shelf :) I LOVE the yellow paint, well done!

Melissa said...

That sandwich looks delicious! And I have the Cupcake wine at the house. I haven't tried it yet!

Erin said...

I love your ladder shelf and the succulents on it! Please take me to Trader Joe's and teach me your ways!!! :)

Mommy Minded said...

Now you've made me hungry! ;)

Kristen said...

sounds like a fun weekend and even sweeter reunion!!! Love the succulents and your yellow ladder!!!!! super cute!

Susannah said...

Awww... I miss my hubby when he's gone too! I'm glad you filled the time with such fun stuff, though. :-)

Style-Delights said...

Looks like a perfect weekend!! Friends, snacks and alcohol - whats not to love?:-) Hope you are having a wonderful day!
-Jyoti
Style Delights Blog

Rach said...

Glad you had fun, but even more glad that he's home safe! :)

Shio Waline said...

Sounds like you had a fun & busy weekend :) Good thing, I am sure it helped take your mind off your hubby being gone, huh? Hope your week is going great so far!

xo,
Shio

henning love said...

sounds like a fabulous weekend, i frequently have to flow solo a lot of the time and hanging out with friends is how i like to spend my time!