Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Quinoa with Fried Egg & Spinach {A recipe}

When I first saw this recipe in the cookbook Dinner: A Love Story I had just discovered Quinoa and couldn't wait to try it with egg. It did not let me down. It turns out quinoa is good with almost anything! This recipe is for 2 bowls.

Here's what you need to make it:
-1 cup Quinoa
-2 eggs
-2 Tablespoons chopped onion
-Olive oil
-dash of Sesame oil (don't leave this out it has amazing flavor)
-1 tsp. Soy sauce
-2 handfuls of fresh spinach (roughly chopped)

Here's how you make it:
Cook the Quinoa according to package instructions then divide evenly between two bowls.

Heat olive oil and a dash of Sesame oil in a small frying pan over low heat. Toss in onions and saute for 3 minutes. Add the spinach and soy sauce and saute until spinach is wilted. Remove spinach and onions from frying pan and place on top of quinoa.

Fry up 2 eggs in the same small frying pan and place on top of quinoa and spinach.

Drizzle with a little more soy sauce for flavor.

Such a quick and easy meal!
Do you have a favorite dish with Quinoa? I want to know about it!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

I've been hearing things about this quinoa stuff, but have yet to try it. Maybe this is a great recipe to start with!

Brittany Kyte said...

Sounds delish! Quinoa really is great with just about anything! I was on this kick a couple weeks ago when I would have quinoa with ground beef (with taco seasoning), tomatoes and avocado! Like a yummy, healthy burrito bowl!

lauren [lolloped] said...

I keep seeing fried eggs put on a lot of dishes. Yours looks great, but I'm not yet sold on how it will taste!

My roommate made chicken wing dip using quinoa instead of the meat, and it was pretty delicious.

Kristen said...

You are having way better luck with Quinoa than me!! haha. I won't give up!!! You're inspiring me!

A Brew of Blessings said...

This looks delish! I've wanted to try Quinoa but I'm nervous I won't like it because I'm such a fan of rice?? Should I just give it a go??

Sally said...

We've just started eating quinoa more.....I'm still working on how to make it taste GREAT!!

Stephanie Iris said...

I LOVE quinoa! I am allergic to wheat so I eat a bunch of it.