Monday, April 29, 2013

The weekend where my cousin won free tickets to Kings Island...

This weekend was full of sweet surprises. My friend Courtney came in town on Friday and we had a date night at one of my favorite local restaurants called Grand Finale. We sipped on raspberry martinis and went all out with salads, amazing meals and desert! I loved every second of our date.

The game plan for Saturday was to weed the front yard and paint the ceiling, but then enters my cousin who won free tickets to Kings Island opening day. The weeds and the ceiling had to wait because we spent all day Saturday at the park riding rides, chowing down on Cincinnati foods, and eating Smurf ice cream. It was amazing. 

Sunday I had Mexican food for lunch (good thing I didn't count calories this weekend or I'd be depressed) and graded another round of my student's stories. It was such an unexpectedly fun weekend.  The weeds and the ceiling weren't happy to be neglected, but I was glad to put them off for another few days. Did you do anything unexpected this weekend?

12 comments:

Brooke said...

I don't think I knew that you were close to Cincinnati! I'm in Lexington. Yay for great weekends.

Anonymous said...

Smurf icecream?! That's awesome! What flavors did they have?

Melissa said...

How fun! I haven't been to King's Island since I was a kid. I love that place!

Jessica M. said...

I love Kings Island! A few years ago, my friend took me on opening day because she won free tickets! It was so much fun!!

Betty said...

Sometimes weeding and painting just has to wait! Glad you had fun this weekend!!

Brittany Kyte said...

What I wouldn't give for some good mexican food right now!!

Sarah said...

You were so close to my house! We live almost next door to KI!

Melissa said...

I forgot you lived in cincy! I was looking through my blogs and saw Kings Island! I live in Dayton! I have a coworker that went Sunday for a company outing! Small world!

Heather @ From Here to There said...

I love it when life hands you a few small surprises in your everyday life! Smurf icecream!!?? What!? Sounds awesome!

Devon said...

The free day at the theme park sounds like a much better option than pulling weeds. I see why it was such an easy decision :)

Susannah said...

What an amazingly fun weekend! I'm glad you got to enjoy time with your cousins in a fun location. :-)

Courtney said...

haha i still cant stop thinking about the food we had! what a fun night :D