Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Dear 2014

Dear 2014,
During your reign, I experienced one of the best days of my life along with one of the hardest. Aiden was born in 2014 so you will always be a memorable and truly amazing year, but you are also the year that we lost Drew's dad to his battle with cancer. We miss him every single day.

This year has been full of changes. We are brand new parents and both Drew and I got brand new jobs! We are so thankful for jobs we love despite the process of getting them being absolutely crazy! We also started going to a new church and found an amazing small group.

It was hard for me to find time and energy to do many projects or cook a lot of new recipes, but I was able to document my pregnancy with weekly bump pictures and letters to Aiden. I was also a bridesmaid in one of my best friends weddings as well as my sister in law's. My greatest accomplishment and the thing I am most proud of in 2014 is being a mom!

Here's a look at some of my favorite projects, events, recipes and discoveries of 2014...




Telling our families (Mine & Drew's)
Baby Showers 1, 2 and 3




Harry Potter!
Serial

6 comments:

Ashley Robyn said...

What an amazing year it has been for you friend. So happy for all of the joy that was brought into your life and that you shared it with us all along the way. I hope you have a great start to 2015.

Mimsie said...

You have such a lovely blog, and a lovely life! I enjoy hearing about it. May the new year bring much joy to you and your family.

Brittany said...

Such a full year for you. I've loved following along via your blog. I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for you and your wonderful little family!

Allison said...

Thank you so much!! I've tried responding to your comments before but haven't been able to. I truly appreciate all your sweet comments! Thanks for reading!!

Susannah said...

It's amazing how much can change in a year! Just think about how much will change in this coming year too! I hope 2015 is amazing for you!

Rach said...

Ahh, such a good year in so many ways! I know 2014 had it's hard moments for you guys too with losing Drew's dad, but I am so glad that there were so many wonderful moments as well. And sweet Aiden... I am so happy that little boy is here now!