Monday, May 2, 2011

Baseball seam bracelet!

Since we are full swing (excuse the corny pun) into baseball season I thought I'd introduce you to an adorable baseball themed craft. Back in high school before that hubby of mine was actually my hubby he made me a baseball seam bracelet and I still have it. I actually wore it to the Reds game on Saturday...that proves that this bracelet will withstand a few years of wear and tear.

Here is what you need to make one:
  • A baseball
  • A razor knife
  • Scissors
  • Fishing line (optional)
  • Clasp
I had to ask hubby the steps to make these since he is the crafty one today. First you take the razor knife and cut around the laces/seam of the baseball. Try to get as close to the seam as possible, but no worries if it is not straight you can go back and perfect with scissors. Pull apart any unwanted strings and you should be left with the seam. After you are satisfied with how your bracelet looks soak the seam in water for about an hour to help make the seam straight. Take it out and stretch until straight and then lay out flat to dry. Now trim the seam down to fit your wrist...be sure to leave a little extra room for a clasp. Now unthread some of the seam on both ends so you have a place to attach your clasps to. Attach clasps (use fishing line if needed), try on your bracelet and fasten. Show off your new bracelet at your next baseball game!

4 comments:

Megan said...

This is so cute!! I want one. Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

First off- you have a killer blog name! ha! I'm sure you had your blog first so I'm honored to share the word "nest" with you!

Secondly, thanks for stopping by my blog! I love visitors!

And finally, this craft is genius! THANK YOU FOR SHARING! I HAVE to go make one for myself. I would have never thought to do this but how awesome is it that your hubs made you one? I love it! Have a wonderful day!

Erin

Julie {love, julie} said...

My boyfriend in high school made me one of these! I had totally forgotten about it until I saw your picture, what a trip!

I want to make one again!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

TiffanyClark said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love the Cincinnati Reds! I actually got to see them play a game during Spring Training in March out in Arizona! We went there for Spring Break! I'm a new follower and I love your blog!

Tiffany
teachrunlove.blogspot.com